Gosh, how I love CNS and his sense of humor! :ROFLMAO:

Edited: I clicked on one of the other links "most humiliating defeat."

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Locker room message board.
View attachment 42157
If they truly care about an opinion of some random poster on the internet then we have far more issues to worry about than snapping the ball and reading defenses. This is why I detest the notion of “LANK”…. Because it ultimately means you are spending way too much time worrying about what people you will probably never meet think over just going to work and kicking someone else’s teeth in.

CrimsonBloodn62

1st Team
Feb 1, 2002
Tuscumbia, AL
If they truly care about an opinion of some random poster on the internet then we have far more issues to worry about than snapping the ball and reading defenses. This is why I detest the notion of “LANK”…. Because it ultimately means you are spending way too much time worrying about what people you will probably never meet think over just going to work and kicking someone else’s teeth in.
The players can "LANK" it all the way to the bank, but it won't be because I spent my money on that silly stuff.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Didn't LANK ultimately fail when we didn't win the championship???

That was my impression that it was derived from our '22 failure and so in '23 we'd "let all naysayers know" but, yeah, that didn't work out either.

It was bad from the beginning and now it's even worse!!!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I think he’s talking about us. 😁
I don't think so.

I think he's talking about armchair podcasters/media hacks/beat writers who grasp at straws to find a clickable "story."

I think some of those guys get ideas from Tidefans for content, but "we" (Tidefans) are not the problem.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

That was my impression that it was derived from our '22 failure and so in '23 we'd "let all naysayers know" but, yeah, that didn't work out either.

I’m not sure that winning the SEC is a failure, but maybe.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

LANK was made by Milroe and Arnold out of all the negative vibes coming out of the spring. It really had nothing to do with any particular season other than 23.

Reactions: Con and Cruloc

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
LANK was made by Milroe and Arnold out of all the negative vibes coming out of the spring. It really had nothing to do with any particular season other than 23.
Meh. I agree with your point that LANK was a response to what CNS is talking about. They were listening too much to what people were saying.

But, yeah, if I never heard it or saw it again it would be too soon. I can't disassociate it with a season of frustration.

Reactions: B1GTide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I rarely visit other sports forums anymore but if you guys think Saban is referencing TF, I'd guess you likely haven't seen how insane some of the other forums are.

:)

FTR, I doubt he's referencing anything specific.
I think the point he really was making was that his players were buying into what random people were saying and he didn’t get why they cared. I don’t think he was singling out one site or a fan with a negative opinion.

But to your point… yeah there are some horrid sites with zero moderation that people can say absolutely anything. Al.com used to be the worst but they got rid of it once people were talking about killing people at an Alabama game.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
It's the times and human nature. It is unavoidable and I think most of us care about what others think. You have to have thick skin...... LANK is a motivation concept and see nothing wrong with it.

• Thank You
Reactions: GboyBama

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It's the times and human nature. It is unavoidable and I think most of us care about what others think. You have to have thick skin...... LANK is a motivation concept and see nothing wrong with it.
Let All Naysayers Know…. Basically you are admitting that you care about the opinions of naysayers. Nothing wrong with it as an internal motivational concept but the second you start to make it public and trying to profit from it then you are giving the naysayers more power because it shows that they aren’t just bashing wits with a bunch of anonymous posters behind keyboards, they can actually reach players minds.

GboyBama

3rd Team
May 7, 2010
Mobile, AL
LANK was a success. This team over achieved and served notice to Georgia that their coronation was premature. That's huge to me. We won the best conference in the country and got knocked off in overtime versus a Michigan team built on cheating.

Also, you can't win the NC every year. People who say falling short of that equals failure align with the "naysayers" IMO.

Reactions: Con and TiderJack

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Let All Naysayers Know…. Basically you are admitting that you care about the opinions of naysayers. Nothing wrong with it as an internal motivational concept but the second you start to make it public and trying to profit from it then you are giving the naysayers more power because it shows that they aren’t just bashing wits with a bunch of anonymous posters behind keyboards, they can actually reach players minds.
Meh. I would argue they are calling out doubters which has been done for a long time and is a motivating factor. Pockets are getting lined but that is the times we live in and is an incredibly smart, savvy business move IMO.

Reactions: GboyBama

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Meh. I would argue they are calling out doubters which has been done for a long time and is a motivating factor.
I guess Saban would prefer them not to:

"It amazes me that some guy sits in his basement, probably in his mom’s house, probably in his underwear, probably overweight, and he puts something on the internet and anybody cares about what he thinks," Saban said at the Irondale Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast in Alabama.

"But it would affect our players," Saban said. "And I was constantly trying to get them not to be affected by external factors, what other people think."

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: AlexanderFan

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

Latest threads