News Article: Stay Classy Coach Prime (and son)

BamaFan6462

Aug 24, 2023
NFL embraced the ghetto culture back in the nineties with sports media doing the same shortly afterwards. The way sports media started covering college football from recruiting onwards helped bring this to the college level, especially ESPN encouraging recruits to act like clowns in front of the camera. Sanders is absolutely part of the problem, but this is unfortunately filtered down to high school.
The only way I see this genie going back in the bottle is when virtually every rookie coming into the league is uncoachable, talented coaches deciding it‘s not worth it and eventually the inmates are running the asylum. ESPN will love it because of the entertainment value, but lots of fans might not. I never thought I’d get tired of football, but I got sick of the NFL years ago and honestly I’m about done with college as it’s start to circle the toilet.

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
What will Colorado do for a football team when Deion runs out of sons? Really hard to take CU seriously at this point.

Reactions: The Ols

Bama_N_Va

All-SEC
Aug 16, 2017
I would like to give my unvarnished opinion on this, but will just say "No Comment".
I was going to post something like "Hummm, ESPN, why bother clicking!!!!". But, I did click the link, read the article, and now wished I had trusted my gut...

Fellow Tide Fans, don't waste your time. Far more productive to watch paint dry!!!

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Man, how awful. I was very wrong about him.
Don't feel bad. A lot of people were wrong based on the threads on him when they beat a bunch of nobodies at the beginning of last season. I blame TCU(the same TCU that got boat raced by UGA the prior bowl season.)

I should dig up some of those posts for a good laugh.

Reactions: Rush and The Ols

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Don't feel bad. A lot of people were wrong based on the threads on him when they beat a bunch of nobodies at the beginning of last season. I blame TCU(the same TCU that got boat raced by UGA the prior bowl season.)

I should dig up some of those posts for a good laugh.
I was more wrong about how he'd work out in major college football. I thought he had more thoughtfulness behind the talk. But he clearly doesn't really. He's hurting his team with this stuff now.

I didn't really expect them to be a good team last year though I did think they'd win another game or 2 than they did.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Yeah, this type of behavior isn't going to keep "Coach Prime" employed very long in FBS football. That Twitter tomfoolery by him and his son is embarrassing on so many levels.
Yep.

Deion was one of my childhood favorites when he played for the Braves and I had previously wanted him to do well as a HC.

But seeing him behave like that towards another player is extremely disappointing for me.

It makes me feel 3rd party Shame.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
Is his son even going to be a first round pick? I generally like Deion but some of stuff he’s been saying lately just ridiculous. A couple of weeks ago he listed the only 5 or 6 NFL teams that his son and the Henry kid would consider playing for, which is a ridiculous as it gets. He will leave that program worse off than he found it.

Reactions: B1GTide

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
He's making a real fool of himself with this behavior.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when some parent asks him "So, are you going to trash my son publicly if things don't work out at CU like you did to other kids?"

Reactions: dtgreg

Latest threads