The 2024 Presidential Election, II

Status
Not open for further replies.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
From his speech…
“Now if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole — that’s gonna be the least of it,” he added. “It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country. That will be the least of it. But they’re not going to sell those cars. They’re building massive factories.”
Now you can spin that anyway you want. “It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country.” That encompasses more than just the auto industry.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Kind of like when GOP presidential candidate Ron DeSantis doubled down on his promise to “slit the throats” of federal bureaucrats, saying it was “colorful” language.

The Dems need to step it up...how about "they will abort Trump's political career this fall."

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Talking about the auto industry. MSDNC spin doesn’t change that. It’s breathtaking how dishonestly this is being presented. Then again, no it isn’t. Give people what they want, I guess.
You aren't both sidesing very well. Seems more like an apologist attitude, given the history of the man and his supporters when it comes to political violence.

• Thank You
Reactions: Maudiemae

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
You aren't both sidesing very well. Seems more like an apologist attitude, given the history of the man and his supporters when it comes to political violence.
Not at all. Truth is, I've been trying to tell your side that turning Trump into a martyr is a stupid idea and yet, the lies and obfuscation continue. You bang your heads against the wall trying to figure out why Trump is winning and for some reason, no one can seem to put a finger on it. Trump has always been beatable without the hypocritical lawfare, but no one wants to accept it (despite the results of 2020).

And now it's time for Dems to face the unintended consequences of their actions. Taking everything orange man says out of context is a desperation move and it's only going to give the "other side" more ammunition as "on the fence" voters who are already angry about stupid leftist border policies and a crap economy allow their hesitancy towards Trump to fall away.

Do what you will. If Trump wins in November, I'll neither cheer nor melt, but I'll be around to say, "I told you so."

Reactions: AWRTR

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Not at all. Truth is, I've been trying to tell your side that turning Trump into a martyr is a stupid idea and yet, the lies and obfuscation continue. You bang your heads against the wall trying to figure out why Trump is winning and for some reason, no one can seem to put a finger on it. Trump has always been beatable without the hypocritical lawfare, but no one wants to accept it (despite the results of 2020).

And now it's time for Dems to face the unintended consequences of their actions. Taking everything orange man says out of context is a desperation move and it's only going to give the "other side" more ammunition as "on the fence" voters who are already angry about stupid leftist border policies and a crap economy allow their hesitancy towards Trump to fall away.

Do what you will. If Trump wins in November, I'll neither cheer nor melt, but I'll be around to say, "I told you so."
Anyone who sees Trump as a martyr is either ideologically aligned or plain stupid, probably both.

The man has stated over and over that he will be on a revenge and retribution tour if he wins.

He also hasn't ruled out violence if he loses.

He uses language just vague enough at time to give plausible deniability.

And other times he doesn't, but then talks out of both sides of his mouth.

But if he wins, it will be because of those who give him cover.

That includes the media and the both-sidesers who deny reality.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

Our rating: Missing context
We rate this claim MISSING CONTEXT, based on our research. Two quotes attributed to members of the Democratic Party that allegedly referenced last summer's Black Lives Matter protests actually predate the events. The two remaining quotes were not provided in full. None of the people mentioned in the claim called for violence over peaceful protest, according to sources.

Reactions: Bazza

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Our rating: Missing context
We rate this claim MISSING CONTEXT

It's all just political theater......🤷‍♂️
For my curiosity: who is the "we"?

Now, if I don't get elected, it's going to be a bloodbath for the whole — that's going to be the least of it, it's going to be a bloodbath for the country, that'll be the least of it.
Additionally, what does "that's going to be the least of it" in the context of "Now, if I don't get elected, it's going to be a bloodbath" mean? What is that implying? If the auto industry problems are the least of it, what will be a bigger part of the bloodbath?

It's not a trick question. He's very clear there will be much worse than what will supposedly happen in the auto industry. So I'm curious about how I am supposed to take that, particularly in the context of a large number of his supporters openly calling for shooting democrats and for civil war.

Reactions: Bazza

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Reactions: Go Bama

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Additionally, what does "that's going to be the least of it" in the context of "Now, if I don't get elected, it's going to be a bloodbath" mean? What is that implying? If the auto industry problems are the least of it, what will be a bigger part of the bloodbath?

It's not a trick question. He's very clear there will be much worse than what will supposedly happen in the auto industry. So I'm curious about how I am supposed to take that, particularly in the context of a large number of his supporters openly calling for shooting democrats and for civil war.

I deleted my silly post. All of these memes trying to imply one thing or another....it really is rather ridiculous, don't you think?

Both current leading candidates have been in office long enough each......that the people can actually see what they will get with another term of either one.

Let the people vote in whomever they want.

I'm good with that.....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

He really does say a lot of outlandish things........

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Anyone who sees Trump as a martyr is either ideologically aligned or plain stupid, probably both.

The man has stated over and over that he will be on a revenge and retribution tour if he wins.

He also hasn't ruled out violence if he loses.

He uses language just vague enough at time to give plausible deniability.

And other times he doesn't, but then talks out of both sides of his mouth.

But if he wins, it will be because of those who give him cover.

That includes the media and the both-sidesers who deny reality.
He really does say a lot of outlandish things......

I'm beginning to get the feeling you may not vote for the man, @NationalTitles18 ;)

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Spouting his nonsense about freeing the Jan. 6th “hostages” is his way of offering cover to others who would turn to violence that he provokes.

Wnen he starts up about a bloodbath he’s giving his apologists another chance to own the libs by denying what he plainly means. It’s a game until they act on it, then it becomes a “tourist” event, nothing more.

I can’t imagine having such a poor opinion of Dems that somebody would actually support and make excuses for this wannabe dictator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads