The picture that's worth a thousand words. (Final word on the Ole Miss call)

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Whew, boy. I should have never clicked that link to the Ole Miss board. I agree with one of the posters on there. Surely that isn't a good representation of the Ole Miss fanbase. What a bunch of idiots.

I understand being upset about the call, whether it was right or wrong (and especially if it had been in the endzone and taken away a score); but good grief. Those folks actually think that Ole Miss won the game and the referees took the win away and gave it to Bama.

They can't even fathom the fact that even if the refs had not overtuned the play (which would have been incorrect), that odds are - in seven seconds, with no timeouts - they would not have scored. Orgeron has already stated that they were going to go for the TD. Odds are they would not have succeeded on that play. And what has that coaching staff done to instill confidence in their fans that they could have either scored a TD or a FG?

Oh well, they can wallow in their on misery. We've got bigger fish, er, Vols to fry.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It amazes me how delusional the OM fans are - to think "you can't tell who touched it first" considering we're talking a few milliseconds of time between when that photo was snapped and it hit someone's hand is ludicrous...

TiderinMiss

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2000
Clinton, MS
Well, State fans have already climbed on board. They've been calling on the local sports talk radio in Jackson (which is equivalent to kids with walkie-talkies) and already saying they will lose if it's a close game because Bama has the officials in their pocket.

kcin_4_BAMA

RV Moderator
Oct 3, 2005
The Wiregrass
Nice picture! After this post, I am OFFICIALLY beyond this subject. I was over it Saturday afternoon, but the # of BARN & OM fans that continue to argue are about as delusional and annoying as any group I have ever seen, that I thought I would make one last comment.
This morning, in Dothan, on our FANTASTIC:rolleyes: morning sports talk show, the host, Phil Parramore(a Barner) was talking about this subject STILL. He had this same picture and said that this was about as conclusive as it gets(in BAMA's favor), but since the replay official didn't have this still shot & only had POOR VIDEO there is NO WAY he could have determined that the OM WR touched it first & was still unsure how they made the ruling????? Why is it that myself & thousands of other people can, on the video, see the OM WR reach his hand in front of LM's hand as the ball gets there & still carry this RIDICULOUS ARGUMENT? Oh, I forgot, they are all a bunch of IDIOTS.
SOmebody please send the people of DOTHAN a better talkshow in the mornings:cool2:

TideFan4Life

Scout Team
Dec 2, 1999
Southaven MS
Being in the north Miss. area, I have been around my share of OM fans and I asked one of them last Saturday after the game and about 2 hours worth of him whining, if they had ever lost a game that was their fault. He never answered and I went back to watching UK-LSU. That being said, if you take into consideration that Bama scoring ten points in the fourth quarter and the so-called controversial play taking place on the four yard line and not inside the end zone, even if the play was awarded to OM, it was still no garuantee(sp) that they would have scored. Especially since their beloved Coach O was apparently going to go for the TD to win instead of the FG to tie and send it to OT. Whew, my fingers are tired. I haven't typed this much since high school typing class. Roll Tide!

yellowhammer13

1st Team
Feb 1, 2005
Tallassee, AL
Good snag Spot.

What kills me is the whole "who touched the ball first argument" in the first place.... it's a moot point really. You just can't tell on the video or in pictures really.
Yes, that part is totally inconclusive and does not help support or over turn the ruling on the field either way.

But the fact that both players were out of bounds at one point and no one was forced and it is clear and easy to see IS Conclusive enough evidence to over turn the ruling on the field.

Case closed!! The head Zebra has spoken!
Ole Sis and all the media types that keep this stirred up need to just "Shut their Cake holes" and move on!!!:pDT_bur2:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Trivia:

How many Nike swooshes are there in the picture? :)

From head to toe, how many swooshes are on a players uniform?

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
What kills me is the whole "who touched the ball first argument" in the first place.... it's a moot point really. You just can't tell on the video or in pictures really.
Yes, that part is totally inconclusive and does not help support or over turn the ruling on the field either way.

But the fact that both players were out of bounds at one point and no one was forced and it is clear and easy to see IS Conclusive enough evidence to over turn the ruling on the field.

"Who touched the ball first argument" is not a moot point. The defender is allowed to go out-of-bounds and is still eligible to touch the ball first. The offensive player is not allowed to touch the ball after he has gone out of bounds (not pushed out) until it has been touched by an opponent or an official.

From NCAA Football rules:
Eligibility Lost by Going Out of Bounds
ARTICLE 4. No eligible offensive receiver who goes out of bounds during
a down shall touch a legal forward pass in the field of play or end zones or
while airborne until it has been touched by an opponent or official (A.R.
7-3-4-I-III).

Exception: This does not apply to an eligible offensive player who
attempts to return inbounds immediately after being blocked out of bounds
by an opponent (A.R. 7-3-4-IV).
PENALTY—Loss of down at the previous spot [S16 and S9].

May 4, 2003
Larnaca, Cyprus
Also, let me say this...
And, in fariness, I'll say this about it: Next time, if there is one, just knock the ball down instead of trying to make the interception, especially when it's fourth down. Had we just knocked the ball down, this silliness wouldn't even be discussed.
Had Castille knocked down that pass in the endzone earlier, none of this would matter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.