Transfer Portal 2023-24, v2

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
I don't think who you kicked against has any meaningful effect on if you can kick or not. My guess is all kickers tune out the crowd and situation or they wouldn't have made it past the high school level.
Didn't say he could kick or not, he's proven he can, my point is it's alot more pressure kicking in a hostile environment with the game on the line instead of a MAC game

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Didn't say he could kick or not, he's proven he can, my point is it's alot more pressure kicking in a hostile environment with the game on the line instead of a MAC game
So what's your point? Should we not have taken him because he hasn't kicked in front of 100k? Should we have taken a FG kicker who doesn't have as good of stats just because he's kicked in the SEC or B1G? Or just rode it out with Talty, who hasn't kicked much in big games either?

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
So what's your point? Should we not have taken him because he hasn't kicked in front of 100k? Should we have taken a FG kicker who doesn't have as good of stats just because he's kicked in the SEC or B1G? Or just rode it out with Talty, who hasn't kicked much in big games either?
My point is it's a lot more pressure in bigger games, I didn't say he wasn't good, but you know as well as I that when he shanks a big kick this board will be all over him, I just made a statement which I have the right to, I didn't rip the young man it's just different in the SEC than the Mac

Reactions: jjv0004

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
It's not like he's a freshman. He does have several years experience kicking in front of a crowd. The Miami of O home crowds are small, but some away games have had close to 50k. He'll be fine after the first two cupcakes we start with. Did Will Reichard have crowd problems when he started as a freshman? Pretty sure he didn't see crowds like that in high school.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
My point is it's a lot more pressure in bigger games, I didn't say he wasn't good, but you know as well as I that when he shanks a big kick this board will be all over him, I just made a statement which I have the right to, I didn't rip the young man it's just different in the SEC than the Mac
I think that can be said for EVERY kicker on the planet.:unsure:

Reactions: some_al_fan

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
My guess is he's coming to Bama at least in part (idk how much NIL $ a kicker gets) to prove to the NFL that he can thrive in a pressure packed environment and perform at the highest level possible.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
If we can get ed woods after his visit, that should address our biggest needs at the moment (ot, k, cb) After that it'll be interesting to see if we add any more depth at oline or db. There's an oline from Clemson that entered yesterday that is interesting as a depth piece.

Woods is likey start for us early, may not hold off the young guys long but he would be a big addition for depth and experience.

atlbama

2nd Team
Nov 18, 2005
Dunwoody, GA
If we can get ed woods after his visit, that should address our biggest needs at the moment (ot, k, cb) After that it'll be interesting to see if we add any more depth at oline or db. There's an oline from Clemson that entered yesterday that is interesting as a depth piece.

Woods is likey start for us early, may not hold off the young guys long but he would be a big addition for depth and experience.
Yeah, but can he cover people in a larger stadium? AZ state only holds 53,599. :)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Reactions: AlexanderFan

some_al_fan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 14, 2024
Agreed. We are deep on DL. I think he would have been a contributor eventually but in today's transfer portal era it was an easy move for him. Probably going to transfer to the Barn since they are desperate for DL.
Betting on Florida State. That is where all Bama backups go. And they are not in SEC, so no transfer restrictions.

Reactions: TiderJack

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Agreed. We are deep on DL. I think he would have been a contributor eventually but in today's transfer portal era it was an easy move for him. Probably going to transfer to the Barn since they are desperate for DL.
Auburn is getting a kid who transferred from aTm to USC. Isaiah Rakes or something.

Reactions: TiderJack

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

How many on scholarship now? I heard it's at 86.
Looks like 85 with Perry leaving. But we need maybe two more spots. We really need an experienced Left Tackle. Zack Owens from Clemson may be a guard.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRealPokeChop

Latest threads