Transfer Portal 2023-24, v2

some_al_fan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 14, 2024
I was about to say that. For an early enrollee freshman I thought he preformed well in the spring game as the back-up but like Big10 said we need to be looking for a center in the portal for depth.
It is not easy to find depth in the portal, because decent players in the portal are there to find a starting job at a school with a need.
And scrubs are there because they are scrubs.

December05

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2022
With no readily available answer as to why JB would do this as the presumptive starter coming out of spring after working for three long seasons, the first thought that leapt to mind was wondering if a school with money to burn would sweeten an NIL deal for a given player simply to weaken their competition with no intention of actually playing him.

That puts a nice new layer of pond scum on top of this mess.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Well I mean this just isn't good no matter how badly the resident sunshine pumpers want to just hand wave it away like it's nothing.

Center is one of the most important positions on the team and the only one who even took snaps with the 1st team dips right after Spring ends and the other one who was expected to get those snaps skips the entirety of spring practice for 'off the field' reasons.

When Summer/Fall practice begins whoever is taking 1st string snaps will be completely new in that role.

How is that no big deal?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ole Man Dan

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Brockermeyer wants to play. I recently watched a video where it looked like coach Kap was working with Brockermeyer one on one after practice. I think he knew he wasn't going to beat out Brailsford. Coming from Washington and knowing DeBoer's offense has to be a huge advantage.

December05

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2022
Brockermeyer wants to play. I recently watched a video where it looked like coach Kap was working with Brockermeyer one on one after practice. I think he knew he wasn't going to beat out Brailsford. Coming from Washington and knowing DeBoer's offense has to be a huge advantage.
I’ll always pull for the guy who paid his dues over someone who thinks he’ll just walk right in. If Brailford’s personal reasons have anything to do with assurances of being the starter regardless, that’s a really bad look for him and any coaches involved in that decision.

Latest threads