Transfer Portal 2023-24, v2

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
If he won’t straighten out enough to listen to a black head coach who has been everywhere and is everything he wants to be on an NFL football field, what in the world makes you think he will listen to anyone else?
$omething will get his attention...🙄

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
If he won’t straighten out enough to listen to a black head coach who has been everywhere and is everything he wants to be on an NFL football field, what in the world makes you think he will listen to anyone else?
I didn't say I thought he would do what was right. I said he would be rewarded if he did. The last sentence applies to him: They want to take short cuts and usually end up short circuiting their career.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Some people put way too much emphasis on the star ratings. Some seem to think that if a player isn't a 4* or 5* Bama shouldn't consider them. Coach Bryant said he couldn't define a winning player but he knew one when he saw them. We need to trust the coaches in their evaluations.
I hope you're right. But how many top 5 teams have only 3* and 4* players.

Reactions: Countrytider2

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I hope you're right. But how many top 5 teams have only 3* and 4* players.
You obviously misinterpreted what I said. I didn't say we shouldn't have 5* players. The more the merrier. I meant that some people seem to think if we sign a 3* then it is a wasted scholarship. The stars are just one tool to go by. It isn't the end all and be all of a player's evaluation. Give the coaches some credit for being able to make their own evaluation. Arenas was a 3* star and some people weren't too happy with signing him. However, if anyone watched his HS highlights then they would have seen that the guy had great potential. On the flip side there have been a number of 5* that didn't pan out.

Joefus

1st Team
Jan 3, 2021
FWIW, Just read that Kendrick Blackshire is back in the portal.
I saw that too. Makes you wonder if some of these kids are even bothering to check the depth chart and fellow transfers before they take the money. He had little to no shot of starting and now you’re back in the portal….or does Texas have so much NIL money they just take everyone they can and sort it out later? Hope he got the money upfront at least

Reactions: B1GTide

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017

Latest threads