UFL (A J McCarron's Team)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think AJ is extremely aware that the clock is ticking and the football phase of his life will be over soon.
I just quit a job that paid really well because the organization would not allow me to do anything. I was told to just sit there and twiddle my thumbs. Life is too dang short for that.
Wait, you quit a job that paid really well and you didn't have to do anything???

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
The product the Stallions offer on the field is great and it sells itself. It's just a shame it has too. They have fans clamoring for tickets this week because AJ is a big draw and for some reason they won't open up seats on the visiting sideline. They will open up sections in the end zone for 10 bucks like always leading up to the game. They need to understand since most have big screen tv's nowadays it's more likely fans will stay home. They have 3 sections of chair back seats between the 35's. Why not sell them for 30 bucks a pop? I'm guessing they have no staff on that side, who knows?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Wait, you quit a job that paid really well and you didn't have to do anything???
I'm at the point of my life that I do not have to put up with bovine scatology and I do not need the money that much. My self-respect is worth more to me.
I understand why AJ might be happier playing in the UFL (for less money) than being a backup in the NFL. I probably would as well.

Reactions: dathbama

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
The product the Stallions offer on the field is great and it sells itself. It's just a shame it has too. They have fans clamoring for tickets this week because AJ is a big draw and for some reason they won't open up seats on the visiting sideline. They will open up sections in the end zone for 10 bucks like always leading up to the game. They need to understand since most have big screen tv's nowadays it's more likely fans will stay home. They have 3 sections of chair back seats between the 35's. Why not sell them for 30 bucks a pop? I'm guessing they have no staff on that side, who knows?
That is a missed trick.
They should call up a temp agency, hire a bunch for this weekend, train them up, and open up the stadium to anyone who wants a ticket.

Reactions: dathbama and Toddrn

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I got my tickets already but I saw a tweet from the stallions that there were only seats available in a few sections left. I'm not sure what they are going to do with the walk up crowd. there are no barriers on the empty side of the stadium so I assume they can just open those up. but the concessions are not open and bathrooms may be locked up on that side.

Reactions: dathbama

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I got my tickets already but I saw a tweet from the stallions that there were only seats available in a few sections left. I'm not sure what they are going to do with the walk up crowd. there are no barriers on the empty side of the stadium so I assume they can just open those up. but the concessions are not open and bathrooms may be locked up on that side.
Birmingham has always been a walk up town.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
At 2:00 PM tomorrow before the game, former Alabama stars Trent Richardson, Bobby Humphrey, David Palmer and Antonio Langham will be signing autographs.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Am I missing something with the UFL rules? St Louis scored, up by 3 , they chose to go for 2 and failed. Then Birmingham scored , up by three and they did the same thing. Also failing and giving the Battlehawks a chance to tie with FG.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Am I missing something with the UFL rules? St Louis scored, up by 3 , they chose to go for 2 and failed. Then Birmingham scored , up by three and they did the same thing. Also failing and giving the Battlehawks a chance to tie with FG.
No extra points in the UFL. You have to go for two. The Stallions are awesome.

Reactions: CullmanTide and Con

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I think AJ is extremely aware that the clock is ticking and the football phase of his life will be over soon.
I just quit a job that paid really well because the organization would not allow me to do anything. I was told to just sit there and twiddle my thumbs. Life is too dang short for that.
Were you getting paid 7 figures?

I’d sleep on the couch for 8 hours a day if I was asked to for that kind of money.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Went to the game and it’s one of the best football experiences I’ve been to. Great field, extremely clean facilities, and pretty good football. The only problem was that the BJCC has monopolized parking and when you have two huge events at the BJCC going on like Nate (forget his last name but he was our guest picker this year) and Disney on ice it makes it hard to park.

But overall a very good product. I just wish that high School would stop playing at BDS and JHS and would fully go to Protective Stadium. It’s the best venue for the state championship.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I attended my firat pro football game yesterday as the DC Defenders hosted the Michigan Panthers at DC United's stadium.
DC was still technically playoff eligible, but they play very uninspired football and were defeated 22-9.
Nice venue, good weather, good experience.
I discovered that each player earns $50k/season. There are 40 players/team, so $2 million dollars in salary per team per year.
No cheerleaders, no halftime entertainment, but tickets on the 50 yard line upper level were $22.
Not a bad day.

Reactions: Con

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I couldn't help but pull for AJ. He's one of my favorite players/QBs. I got such joy from those back to back NCs in '11 and '12.

But man, the Battlehawks need some defense. They win if they have anything much at all, but that defense got gutted by simple slant plays all day long.

Bham QB is not a great pocket passer. Take away that slant and make him throw other passes and it's probably a different story.

Reactions: Tidelines

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I couldn't help but pull for AJ. He's one of my favorite players/QBs. I got such joy from those back to back NCs in '11 and '12.

But man, the Battlehawks need some defense. They win if they have anything much at all, but that defense got gutted by simple slant plays all day long.

Bham QB is not a great pocket passer. Take away that slant and make him throw other passes and it's probably a different story.
Stallions QB Martinez is one of 2-3 favorites for MPV.