Game Thread: Week 1 Catch All Game Thread

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
From TD.

Does anyone really think Florida State is better than Bama or Georgia??
Not as a team, especially when it comes to depth, but they have a better QB and better, more experienced WRs than either of them. That’s not even close. And they are better than any other team in the SEC this season straight up.
I love this phenomenon where college football fans think that quarterback and wide receiver are the only two positions on the field and that's all you need to win a national title. Despite the fact that's been proven wrong time and time again.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
From the comfort of my recliner I would have to say that FSU played the best of any team I saw this weekend. LSU just gave up...a pretty sad commentary on BK's coaching. Most other games were nothing special...UA will have to pick it up to get where they want to go. They probably have the talent and coaching, but I'm not sure they have the experience in the OL and @ QB. Time will tell, as it usually does.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Wow. I went to bed at beginning of 3rd quarter hoping somehow FSU would squeak out a win. lol. Guess I will need to watch the YouTube highlights of the 2nd half.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
FSU put on a clinic on how to make a team quit in the second half. They were impressive. I really thought LSU would win easily. Wrong! This time it didn't bother me to be wrong. Hahaha

Reactions: CoolBreeze

Down4ttown

Suspended
Dec 16, 2011
From the comfort of my recliner I would have to say that FSU played the best of any team I saw this weekend. LSU just gave up...a pretty sad commentary on BK's coaching. Most other games were nothing special...UA will have to pick it up to get where they want to go. They probably have the talent and coaching, but I'm not sure they have the experience in the OL and @ QB. Time will tell, as it usually does.
FSU’s defense seemed very soft and easy to predict. The first half showed me that. LSU is just riding the beating Bama hype train.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think after LSU beat us in BR that Kelly jumped the gun so to speak as to where they were as a program. The arrogant public statements starting becoming more common culminating into what amounted to guaranteeing a win over FSU.

The problem is, LSU isn't sneaking up on anybody this year and FSU has finally gotten some legit studs on both sides of the ball. They physically dominated LSU after halftime with their staff finding a weakness in LSU DL with a two back set.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think after LSU beat us in BR that Kelly jumped the gun so to speak as to where they were as a program. The arrogant public statements starting becoming more common culminating into what amounted to guaranteeing a win over FSU.

The problem is, LSU isn't sneaking up on anybody this year and FSU has finally gotten some legit studs on both sides of the ball. They physically dominated LSU after halftime with their staff finding a weakness in LSU DL with a two back set.
a year of video of a flawed QB in his antiquated offense doesn’t bode well for an SEC Championship. Regardless of what you went shopping for in the portal.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
a year of video of a flawed QB in his antiquated offense doesn’t bode well for an SEC Championship. Regardless of what you went shopping for in the portal.
Wasn't LSU missing a few starters? I wonder if that was part of it on defense. Glad they lost though. I
just don't care for Brian Kelly.

I think Nussmeire will probably be their QB by the time we play them in November if Daniels doesn't improve/gets hurt by then from all the running he does.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
In the second half, FSU figured out how to keep
Daniels in the pocket with a contained rush. They didn’t let him out get outside the pocket as much in the second half.

In the second half, where was the LSU TE? They needed to put his face on a milk carton for Daniels because he wasn’t around in that second half.

These were two things we didn’t do in Baron Rouge last year. You want to tell me we had Turner, Anderson and Braswell and we couldn’t do to Daniels last year what FSU did last night? We couldn’t take away Taylor?

Watching the LSU implosion last night, coupled with last few games after our loss last year, only cements in my mind our coaching staff last year did “less with more” than most any previous CNS group.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
What kind of “leader” says this? His players are sitting right next to him for crying out loud!
One who wrote checks for his program they couldn't cash. If he hadn't run his mouth the way he has since winning against us in BR I would see how odd this statement would be. But, to me, the comment is an admission of "I ran my mouth, promoted a team I thought we had, and I was wrong". My guess is this still won't shut him up, he just can't help himself, which is why he and LSU deserve each other.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I am not crowning anyone week 1.

I will say some people may have to start revaluating their Mike Norvell takes from 2021 LOL.

Last edited:

Latest threads