Eli Gold Not Expected To Return To Booth In 2024

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
There is some speculation most likely Eli was wanting to do similar schedule to 2023 where he did home games only and Chris Stewart would take the road games as play by play. The University chose not to do that.

Sad they couldn’t work something out if true.

edit: let me also add, if the above scenario was the case, I would have expected Eli to say as much in his statement. Since he didn’t, I leads me to believe the University was making the decision to move on regardless.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Man I love Eli Gold. My Dad was blind so he was always an important piece of my gamedays. But it is time to turn the page. I listened to his broadcasts last season and I was thinking then it was time for him to retire. So, I think it is a good decision by the University and a poor one by him to air this out in public if it is true.

22Musso22

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2023
Birmingham, Alabama
Man I love Eli Gold. My Dad was blind so he was always an important piece of my gamedays. But it is time to turn the page. I listened to his broadcasts last season and I was thinking then it was time for him to retire. So, I think it is a good decision by the University and a poor one by him to air this out in public if it is true.
Agreed. As much as I love Eli, it was time for he or the University to move on.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Makes me sad to say it, but I have to agree. Unfortunately his broadcasts were not near as crisp as before he got sick.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads