Bama Game Thread: Bama vs Gators Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Huge win. Didn't have our "A" game but gotta win those kind, especially at home with KY and Rupp coming on Sat. even with their loss to LSU last night.

We've got 3 tough road games left and UT and Hogs at home.

Race is still tight. Might need to go 4-1 to win the regular season title outright.

Reactions: dtgreg

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Huge win. Didn't have our "A" game but gotta win those kind, especially at home with KY and Rupp coming on Sat. even with their loss to LSU last night.

Race is still tight. Might need to go 4-1 to win the regular season title outright.
UK lost to LSU? :ROFLMAO:

I looked last night at halftime, they were up by like, 15 and thought they had it in the bag. Of course, its probably not great news for us, seeing as we have to play at Rupp and they will be looking to get back on track. But still... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
UK lost to LSU? :ROFLMAO:

I looked last night at halftime, they were up by like, 15 and thought they had it in the bag. Of course, its probably not great news for us, seeing as we have to play at Rupp and they will be looking to get back on track. But still... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yeah, common sports psychology says it would have been better if they blew LSU out than to lose the way they did.

Not sure it matters ultimately, because whether KY likes it or not, we are the new boss the SEC. I suspect we will have their full attention on Saturday.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Yeah, common sports psychology says it would have been better if they blew LSU out than to lose the way they did.

Not sure it matters ultimately, because whether KY likes it or not, we are the new boss the SEC. I suspect we will have their full attention on Saturday.
They have also not played well at home this year.

I've thought the last few weeks we were going to win at Rupp. You say new boss. Yesterday I heard on the radio that since Coach Oats was hired in 2019, Alabama has 59 SEC wins. Now 60. That's the most of any team in the league.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn

Ole Miss, Kentucky, and Florida will be tough on the road we need to go 2and 1 and take care of Tennessee and Arkansas at home

Reactions: 9gks

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
My only concern and something I am surprised has not hurt us as much in the seedlings is the 3-6 record in quad 1 games. Granted a lot of those were early on but we are gonna have to find a way to beat the good teams in the tournaments to make a run to Final four.
One thing is clear - top 4 in that ranking are the best teams. Q1+Q2 we're up there with the best. However, that 3-6 in Q1 is where we'll get stumped in the tourney in the Sweet 16 if we don't clean things up. most of those losses were very early in the season and I think we're MUCH better now and would most likely be 6-3 or so if those games were played now. But they won't be so we can only move forward and win what's in front of us.

We missed Wrightsell very much last night so hoping he's available this w/e.

Oh, and I like the plaid, regardless of pattern or color (except oranges). Throwback. Much better than sweatsuits that coaches wear these days. But I wore my own "bought from Goodwill" plaid back in Wimp & Hobbs days sitting in "rejection row" and "daves dudes" section behind goal :D

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Anyone see this contact by Wague to the Florida player's head? My first thought was that Wague was falling and sliding causing his arm to make a natural movement down. After reviewing several times, this looks bad and possibly intentional. (Hope the twitter link works...)

Agreed and a suspension is coming if it has not already.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
One thing is clear - top 4 in that ranking are the best teams. Q1+Q2 we're up there with the best. However, that 3-6 in Q1 is where we'll get stumped in the tourney in the Sweet 16 if we don't clean things up. most of those losses were very early in the season and I think we're MUCH better now and would most likely be 8-4 or so if those games were played now. But they won't be so we can only move forward and win what's in front of us.

We missed Wrightsell very much last night so hoping he's available this w/e.

Oh, and I like the plaid, regardless of pattern or color (except oranges). Throwback. Much better than sweatsuits that coaches wear these days. But I wore my own "bought from Goodwill" plaid back in Wimp & Hobbs days sitting in "rejection row" and "daves dudes" section behind goal :D
I’m the “king” of plaid sport coats. And I’ve had some pretty edgy stuff over years. But that spicy brown mustard look on Coach Oats was just a bit too different. 😂😂

Of course Nate didn’t text me to ask my opinion so…..

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
Anyone see this contact by Wague to the Florida player's head? My first thought was that Wague was falling and sliding causing his arm to make a natural movement down. After reviewing several times, this looks bad and possibly intentional. (Hope the twitter link works...)

That looks pretty iffy to me. Had to watch 6 or 7 times just to even see there might be contact. Maybe there's a better angle that shows something different, but just from watching that video, it seems to me that this is just another instance of people being out to get us. It's kind of like that bogus "shove" they said Nate Oats did on the Missouri player. This was no more a flagrant than that was a shove, at least from this angle. We see Wague's arm moving, but we don't see his arm actually make contact with the guy.

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

If Wague would have just simply “come down” with his arm then I would say is possible it was unintentional. However, it does appear to me he raises his arm up with the intent to deliver the blow to the back of the Florida player’s head.

Last edited:

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

Yes - flagrant and should have been ejected for that dirty shot; also should have been a foul called on the FL player diving in at the knees of our guy.

Coach D

3rd Team
Apr 27, 2023
Def easy to see it was a dirty move. I didn’t see it when it happened but he deserves the suspension.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
That looks pretty iffy to me. Had to watch 6 or 7 times just to even see there might be contact. Maybe there's a better angle that shows something different, but just from watching that video, it seems to me that this is just another instance of people being out to get us. It's kind of like that bogus "shove" they said Nate Oats did on the Missouri player. This was no more a flagrant than that was a shove, at least from this angle. We see Wague's arm moving, but we don't see his arm actually make contact with the guy.
I don't really see how you can see this play that way. Incredibly obvious to me. CNO even said it was worthy and deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads