MLB Expansion to 32 Teams

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I don't think I want another Texas team, although the population of Austin-San Antonio is a driver.

potential landing spots

Mexico City
Austin
Charlotte
Montreal
Nashville
Orlando
Portland
Raleigh
San Jose
Salt Lake City

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm for it with one caveat they aren't going to do:
four 8-team divisions in two leagues, four pennant winners, two LCS and a World Series

8 teams with one pennant winner worked for 65 years, it can work again times four.
Pennants need to MEAN SOMETHING!!!
While I don't like it, you can keep the every teams plays at every other venue at least once.
Get rid of the Mickey Mouse guy at second for extras.

Wanna solve extra innings?
Play one extra inning through August 31, if it's a tie, too bad.
Play traditional baseball for September (because teams will play for ties to block other teams out of the race).

===============================
Montreal couldn't keep a team.
I'm sure the Atlanta Braves are gonna LOVE if teams are put in BOTH Charlotte and Nashville.
Portland won't draw after the first 2 years unless they contend (see Seattle Mariners)
San Jose? Really? Right after Oakland bailed and the Giants have been there nearly 70 years now?

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Bold prediction: Nashville DOES NOT get an expansion team but they will get an already existing franchise (White Sox?).

I think Salt Lake City (to give SEA natural rival) and Montreal would be my personal favorites.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
The problem is that San Antonio is already built to host a pro football team in terms of facilities.
Your not going to play baseball in the Alamodome.

They have a AA team and a 9000 seat outdoor baseball stadium.

If you put a team there I’d say put the stadium on the south side of Austin.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
We got the Texans (and the stadium Bud Adams longed for) about six years after the Oilers left. Not unprecedented.
Yes, but Houston was a much better football town than the Bay Area is a "two-team baseball town", too.
Houston football fans will go even when the team is so-so at least by comparison.

I always though it was ridiculous that Charlie Finley moved THERE of all places. Of course, he wanted to move to several cities, including Atlanta. Can you imagine Finley being the Braves owner in the mid-70s building a dynasty and Ted Turner trying to move in?

Reactions: TexasBama

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
SLC ownership group has deep pockets, area has incredible scenery, and the city supports its sports teams. Some talk of A’s coming here and playing in the minor league SLC Bee’s stadium until theirs is built in Las Vegas. SLC metro is among fastest growing metros. Weather in baseball season is tremendous.

current Bee’s stadium has been said to have among best views in baseball.

would love to see expansion because then I could see Braves live a couple times per year :D

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads