Who's your Favorite Freshman/New Player Coming this Fall?

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
So can we get some moneyball statistics. How each player rates as to production vs how much money it costs to get him to play for you that season. Since I see where some schools are paying NIL contracts in leu of scholarships there should be a sweet spot to get the most production to campus for a given year. Statistics Nerds unite!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm going to cheat and say Caleb Odom. I know he was an EE but we haven't had an elite tall receiving threat since Julio. I think Odom might have the potential to change that.
Thanks for responding to the actual thread topic!

FWIW, I'm excited about CO too. I hope the rumors are true that he's going to be playing receiver rather than TE.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Thanks for responding to the actual thread topic!

FWIW, I'm excited about CO too. I hope the rumors are true that he's going to be playing receiver rather than TE.
He's listed as a WR on the roster, but I think whether we call him a TE or a WR he can be used to create serious matchup advantages either way and would love to see a guy like him flex between inside and outside alignments to force opponents to make difficult choices on how they align to handle it.

I'm also very interested to see how Justin Okoronkwo develops. He looked pretty good for a TF during aday and could turn out to have been underrated just due to playing in overseas.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Hard for it not to be Ryan Williams.

That said I love this WR and DB class. Odom Jefferson and Scott will be special.

Daniel Hill at RB and Steve M. At Dline are a couple outside of that group i really like
Right on RW. I mean, with the loss of Bond and the hype RW brings it's hard to imagine he doesn't make a serious impact pretty early.

That said, the one thing that could stand in his way is the fact that I think our WR core has been better than most of us thought but now I hope the offense and new coaching will bring out that talent!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He's listed as a WR on the roster, but I think whether we call him a TE or a WR he can be used to create serious matchup advantages either way and would love to see a guy like him flex between inside and outside alignments to force opponents to make difficult choices on how they align to handle it.
Love the sound of that! I know it happens a lot with these kind of players, but he just looked like a man among boys on the HS level. Looks like he's already college ready. Hope we figure out a way to use him better than we did with some of the CNS tight ends!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Love the sound of that! I know it happens a lot with these kind of players, but he just looked like a man among boys on the HS level. Looks like he's already college ready. Hope we figure out a way to use him better than we did with some of the CNS tight ends!
Hate to be that guy, but PSR will determine a lot of times where the ball goes, especially if they send Odom out wider than the outside receiver.

Reactions: dtgreg

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Daniel Hill will have more TDs than Williams or Odum next season ( if they utilize him as a bigger back
on goal line plays.)

Reactions: Con

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Not a freshman but the new QB transfer from U Dub has a ton of upside. Interesting to see him when/if he gets a chance

HighlandOak

Suspended
Mar 8, 2023
  • Facepalm
Reactions: colbysullivan

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.