Special SEC designation for Founding SEC Members - differentiate from Newcomers

Cowtown Bama

Scout Team
Aug 29, 2007
I hate that we just let Texas in the conference. We have spent nearly 100 years building this conference and it has brought a particular prestige to the schools involved. We have just given that advantage away for a few dollars. We should call our founding members an SEC legacy team to differentiate from the newcomers. No way Arch Manning is in Austin if they were staying in the Big 12. They wreck every league they’ve ever been in.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I hate that we just let Texas in the conference. We have spent nearly 100 years building this conference and it has brought a particular prestige to the schools involved. We have just given that advantage away for a few dollars. We should call our founding members an SEC legacy team to differentiate from the newcomers. No way Arch Manning is in Austin if they were staying in the Big 12. They wreck every league they’ve ever been in.
Do AR and SC count?

What about MO and aTm?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
So you are a Bama fan from Fort Worth who hates Texas?

Reactions: RdunawayTX

Cowtown Bama

Scout Team
Aug 29, 2007
So you are a Bama fan from Fort Worth who hates Texas?
I was born in Fort Worth. I moved to Alabama when I was 3 and lived there for 18 years. The years from Bryant until Stallings. A great Alabama family took us in and I have been a fan since childhood. The first player I remember was Ozzie Newsome. I moved back to Fort Worth for some family obligations but have always been a Tide fan. Texas fans are entitled and obnoxious. Even more so after last year.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I was born in Fort Worth. I moved to Alabama when I was 3 and lived there for 18 years. The years from Bryant until Stallings. A great Alabama family took us in and I have been a fan since childhood. The first player I remember was Ozzie Newsome. I moved back to Fort Worth for some family obligations but have always been a Tide fan. Texas fans are entitled and obnoxious. Even more so after last year.
Roll Tide. Lived in Dallas for 7 years until 2022.

Honestly, I got along fine with the Texas fans and A$M ones too, but A$M ones are a special kind of unique! 😁

Cowtown Bama

Scout Team
Aug 29, 2007
Roll Tide. Lived in Dallas for 7 years until 2022.

Honestly, I got along fine with the Texas fans and A$M ones too, but A$M ones are a special kind of unique! 😁
There are a lot of Bama fans here in Fort Worth. I see more Alabama gear than any other school including Texas most days. The ironic thing is my oldest is about to be an Aggie. All his friends ended up there. The funny thing is he goes to the games with an Alabama shirt on.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: BamaMoon

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Do AR and SC count?

What about MO and aTm?
I was a bit skeptical at first about Mizzou and A&M, but at least AR and SC were sort of in the footprint of the original SEC. In hindsight, I think Mizzou and A&M have been good additions, but I certainly don't think we needed to go further out and add Texas and OU, especially Texas. They seem to think they are a conference all by themselves.

Reactions: Bama75&80

Cowtown Bama

Scout Team
Aug 29, 2007
I don't like this idea. I just don't see the point.
It’s not a big deal but I just feel like it should matter that some teams have spent almost 100 years building this brand and we are letting a team in that has destroyed the last two conferences they were in with all the privileges and prestige we have built. I just think there should be a way to acknowledge the difference.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads