Game Thread: Braves @ Yankees

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Huge first inning. Ozzie and Riley go deep for a 3-0 lead.

Sale looked fantastic mowing down Soto and Judge. Hope he keeps it going!

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
I have been traveling so much lately it feels like I haven’t watched a whole game in over a month.

Boys are looking good tonight.

I was in Omaha watching some CWS this week and then at Rickwood last night for the game. That was an amazing experience.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
5-1 now, yanks a bit lucky this isn’t worse.

Sale still looking great.
So far so good.

The only thing that concerns me about Sale is the back end of the season. Too often guys like Sale and Kershaw look unbeatable all the way to August and then after game 130 they start feeling old man pain and become a liability. I think unless Waldrep turns the corner quick then to have a shot at the division and a ring we are going to need another quality arm.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Given the injuries this season, just hope to get into the playoffs and get hot at the right team. Too thin to hope for a division title.
I wouldn’t say that just yet. The Phillies still have a far tougher 2nd half than us. Given what the Deadline can do a 6-10 game lead can evaporate quickly.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I wouldn’t say that just yet. The Phillies still have a far tougher 2nd half than us. Given what the Deadline can do a 6-10 game lead can evaporate quickly.
Not really saying that Philly is great, just that the Braves are not playing with a full roster.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I have been traveling so much lately it feels like I haven’t watched a whole game in over a month.

Boys are looking good tonight.

I was in Omaha watching some CWS this week and then at Rickwood last night for the game. That was an amazing experience.
I was stationed at Offutt AFB, Nebraska and went to every CWS from 2008-13 with the exception of 10. I will say the new stadium is far better than Blatt but it doesn’t have the nostalgic appeal imo. However I still think the best ran baseball tournament in America is the SEC tournament in Hoover.

Been to Rickwood once. Hated it. But they have done major renovations since I went in 2007. I still hate going to that part of town. But the game looked great on TV.

Reactions: BhamToTexas

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
I was stationed at Offutt AFB, Nebraska and went to every CWS from 2008-13 with the exception of 10. I will say the new stadium is far better than Blatt but it doesn’t have the nostalgic appeal imo. However I still think the best ran baseball tournament in America is the SEC tournament in Hoover.

Been to Rickwood once. Hated it. But they have done major renovations since I went in 2007. I still hate going to that part of town. But the game looked great on TV.
It was a phenomenal experience last night. I don’t know if you watched the broadcast or not but it was a big promo for Bham. It felt like just baseball and not all the other garbage. Jimmy Rollins was in the security line in front of me at the airport this morning. He loved the game and hopes we do more stuff like that.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It was a phenomenal experience last night. I don’t know if you watched the broadcast or not but it was a big promo for Bham. It felt like just baseball and not all the other garbage. Jimmy Rollins was in the security line in front of me at the airport this morning. He loved the game and hopes we do more stuff like that.
I thought it was a good production. Idk if Rickwood or Field of Dreams will get it again but I would prefer it in Birmingham than nowhere iowa. It really is nowhere Iowa, I went in 2011 and the FOD set is really not worth it.

Reactions: BhamToTexas

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I didn't watch yesterday but found out that not only did the Braves lose to the worst team in the MLB, but a bullpen game from the worst team in the MLB

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads