The Freeze bus … keeps running over his QBs

CrimsonJazz

Hall of Fame
May 27, 2022
I saw that Saturday night. Bo definitely kicking the hornets nest with this one, but he would know better than any of us. Having said that, there is no doubt in my mind that Freeze is regretting this decision. They look worse than last year.

Reactions: Go Bama

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
The barn signed a QB out of Savannah a couple of years back but can’t recall his name. Anybody know if he’s still there? Too lazy to look it up this AM!

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I think the freeze bus has sailed. I shade my eyes with my hand and peer at the horizon ..... yes, there it is, I can barely make out the S.S. Freeze ..... but wait, it is no longer to be found. Bye, bye Mr. Frozen.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
One of their fans asked if the honeymoon is over for Freeze. The replied was when you lose to New Mexico st, Maryland, Cal and Arkansas (3 of the 4 were at home) and loss 5 of the last 7 games, the honeymoon is definitely over! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
One of their fans asked if the honeymoon is over for Freeze. The replied was when you lose to New Mexico st, Maryland, Cal and Arkansas (3 of the 4 were at home) and loss 5 of the last 7 games, the honeymoon is definitely over! :ROFLMAO:
Freeze at this point with this fan base is sitting in his boxers in the honeymoon suite while the bride is in the hotel bar doing Jell-O shots with a Nickelback cover band.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Maybe he gets a QB and turns it around next season but it's not looking great. He constantly is blaming his QBs (Michigan just beat USC with 32 passing yards) and said he wasn't even involved in the game planning for their bowl game. Some pretty major red flags to go along with the losing

Last edited:

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015

Maybe he gets a QB and turns it around next season but it's not looking great. He constantly is blaming his QBs (Michigan just beat USC with 32 passing yards) and said he wasn't even involved in the game planning for their bowl game. Some pretty major red flags to go a long with the losing
I still can't believe he actually said that after the Maryland game ??

Attachments

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Freeze’s offense can run tempo and wear out teams like New Mexico and Alabama A&M because they didn’t have comparable talent or depth. With the new substitution rules that allow the defense time to make a substitution if the offense does so, takes away much of any advantage. Arkansas and California wore them out physically. Heck if Petrino hadn’t tried to be so dang cute in that first half, they would have been up three scores or more on the Barn.

And DJ Durkin must be a Ted Roof understudy. Nothing about that defense is really good.

Last edited:
Reactions: sanjosecrimson

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Auburn looks like a very poorly coached team right now. Lots of mental mistakes. WRs and QBs not on the same page on routes and timing. Defense is just not very good.

Freeze will be safe for another year, but he'd better show some significant improvement next year or his seat will be very hot. Back in the "good ole days" coaches had 4-5 years to rebuild a program because that was how long it took to get the players to fit his philosophy and schemes. But today, with the transfer portal, coaches only have 2-3 years.

So far, year 2 for Freeze is looking like a bust.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Complaining about your QBs when you have "Freeze agency" opportunities every year makes this look even worse.

Did he think he could just whisper into Thorne's ear and he'd become a super star? Everybody had seen him play and nobody was after him.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Freeze lost his two competitive advantages.

First, his brand of basketball on grass is no longer as effective as it once was. Changes in rules to allow defensive substitutions in response to offensive ones have crimped the style. Separate and apart from that, defenses have evolved to respond.

Second, everybody is now openly paying for play. He's always done it, essentially flipping both middle fingers at the NCAA rules then in existence. Now, all that's changed, everybody is doing it legally, and paying players is no longer a competitive advantage.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Auburn looks like a very poorly coached team right now. Lots of mental mistakes. WRs and QBs not on the same page on routes and timing. Defense is just not very good.

Freeze will be safe for another year, but he'd better show some significant improvement next year or his seat will be very hot. Back in the "good ole days" coaches had 4-5 years to rebuild a program because that was how long it took to get the players to fit his philosophy and schemes. But today, with the transfer portal, coaches only have 2-3 years.

So far, year 2 for Freeze is looking like a bust.
But don't forget, Rev. Freeze is killing it on the recruiting trail and locking down all the Alabama kids!

• Haha
Reactions: The Ols

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads