Georgia wrap-up: Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
I think the O looked great in the first half. I wish they had continued with the first down throws in the second half to get to a second and short. Also they need to learn how to run the clock inside 10 seconds when they have a substantial lead in the second half. No need to snap it with 20+ seconds on the shot clock every play. But overall i thought they played a great game. Glad to see Coach get excited over the missed PI call.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
It was my understanding from CKD, that the game plan was to NOT run up the middle or over tackle. They knew Georgia would be waiting for that. Instead, they attacked the outside. It was huge in the first half. Then Kirby made halftime adjustments to plug the outside.
I just don't know why we didn't adjust when UGA adjusted. We could have put 50 on them yet basically shut down the offense

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
It was my understanding from CKD, that the game plan was to NOT run up the middle or over tackle. They knew Georgia would be waiting for that. Instead, they attacked the outside. It was huge in the first half. Then Kirby made halftime adjustments to plug the outside.
It looked to me like we made no adjustments, while Kirby made two key ones. First, plug the outside, and second, go wherever Milroe goes. They went back to spies, and everything else they could do to track Jalen. There were a couple of jet sweeps that I wish Jalen had given the ball on. I would have loved to see if they worked. Instead, Jalen kept it the other way and half the state of Georgia seemed to be waiting on him. But we still won! I'd much rather keep the pedal down!

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
which makes a lot of sense to start, but when they adjust to play leverage outside, and the reads are showing give, we need to adjust to that and let the RB chew up the inside, and the clock.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Thanks, Jess. Once again, I appreciate your hard work putting your write-ups together. I certainly hope that a positive that comes out of this game is that we stay focused and realize we haven't arrived yet. Super proud of the team. Roll Tide!

Reactions: dathbama

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads