Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread, Bama vs. UGA...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I would be surprised if anyone on Tidefans saw us leading UGA 30-7 at the half. I also don't think anyone could imagine UGA outscoring us 27-11 in the second half. Most all of our recent matchups with UGA have been battles in the trenches, and less passing than we saw Saturday night. My point is that while the closeness of the final score looks like a typical UA v UGA game how both teams reached those numbers was anything but typical.
After we couldn’t score off that interception late in the 2nd quarter i thought we were about to be in for a dog fight to the bell. I just didn’t think we were going to hold a 3-4 TD lead over a team like Georgia. They are too talented and too well coached to not find a way out.

However… we have the best coaching staff in the country and what we did those first 8 possessions of the game is a masterclass performance

STONECOLDSABAN

Hall of Fame
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
After we couldn’t score off that interception late in the 2nd quarter i thought we were about to be in for a dog fight to the bell. I just didn’t think we were going to hold a 3-4 TD lead over a team like Georgia. They are too talented and too well coached to not find a way out.

However… we have the best coaching staff in the country and what we did those first 8 possessions of the game is a masterclass performance
I Can't stand Georgia's fanbase but i have to Admit they are a good team. Well Coached.
@81usaf92 Do you think Georgia Will beat Texas in Austin or have you not seen enough from Texas to make a call?

Reactions: Con

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
It’s both but the lower bowl was not built to retain crowd noise at all (not saying that was even a consideration when it was being built).

it’s not like those other stadiums with rapidly rising bleachers creating a sharper angle to direct the noise back inside the stadium. The upper decks have helped to keep some of that noise in, especially the end zones.
In my 76 years on this rock, I’ve never heard anythino as lou
Only if it were accompanied by a half a dozen questionable officiating calls in their favor and at least three one-in-a-thousand bounces of the football type plays...
All of which are entirely possible it seems when the game is played in JH.

Jun 29, 2023
Where the land meets the sky
I posted this in response to the write up by Jess and it can also go here.

1. I still love this Defense. I think because we blitzed so much in the 1st half that we were gassed at half-time and then finally the 6 minute drive by UGA in the 3rd coupled with a Vanilla performance by the Offense, paved the way for the UGA comeback.

2. I have to wonder if KLaw was a much bigger part of the overall gameplan with his motion in the 1st half onslaught. It seemed like after he went down we went to less motion and more empty backfield sets (Which I hate!).

Confirmed by Laura Rutledge this morning on Mac and Cube who was on the Alabama sideline. She said everyone was tired on the Alabama sideline at the end of the half. Kudos for pulling that one out!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
It is a 60 minute game. We looked flawless for a while. UGA showed their mettle and toughness for a while. We made the last two plays needed to win. This was one that I predicted we would lose, so we are ahead of schedule right now in my book. I'm curious to see how the guys respond to Vandy after being so hyped up for UGA. Roll Tide!

Reactions: NCRollTider

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Texas may well be the best overall team in the conference. Hard for me to see UGA winning in Austin.
I'm not sure we know how good Texas is at this point. Honestly, they haven't played anyone outside of Michigan and Michigan wasn't much of a threat offensively. If Mittittippi Tate had a quarterback with a pulse there might have been some sweating going on in Austin this past weekend. I know they ran the ball well against Texas, 150 yards for the game. I want to see what Texas does when they have someone put pressure on them.

I honestly thought UGA was going to be better than what they were, even though they made a comeback, they weren't as good as advertised now that I've seen them play against someone who can punch back.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

2. I have to wonder if KLaw was a much bigger part of the overall gameplan with his motion in the 1st half onslaught. It seemed like after he went down we went to less motion and more empty backfield sets (Which I hate!).
I have watched some replays. KLaw was going to be a big part of the gameplan. He was making some nasty blocks which was springing Haynes early on to big runs. I do think his absence was a big reason why things slowed down later on for the offense.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

1. I still love this Defense. I think because we blitzed so much in the 1st half that we were gassed at half-time and then finally the 6 minute drive by UGA in the 3rd coupled with a Vanilla performance by the Offense, paved the way for the UGA comeback.

Confirmed by Laura Rutledge this morning on Mac and Cube who was on the Alabama sideline. She said everyone was tired on the Alabama sideline at the end of the half. Kudos for pulling that one out!

Tired? Maybe we played too much off of emotion like Saban used to warn against. The game has always been four quarters so "being tired" at halftime isn't an acceptable answer. If that's true, it needs to be addressed. Every game we play the rest of the season will be at least four quarters.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Did you know.....

Ryan Williams is only 17 years old.
My son is a junior in HS and Ryan Williams is only 7 months older than him. As beat to death as the fact is, it is still stunning for me to look at my 17 year old kid, who is a very, very good athlete, and then look at Ryan Williams and not just stand in awe at what he's doing.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Tired? Maybe we played too much off of emotion like Saban used to warn against. The game has always been four quarters so "being tired" at halftime isn't an acceptable answer. If that's true, it needs to be addressed. Every game we play the rest of the season will be at least four quarters.
The defense was forcing a lot of 3 and outs, and the offense scored every possession. Neither side got a breather lol.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads