Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread, Bama vs. UGA...

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
It was probably the loudest and wildest crowd at BDS I’ve attended since 2014 Auburn, and I haven’t missed many since 2014.
I've never seen the TV cameras shake because of noise during a Bama game at SF@BDS until last night during and after the Williams TD catch. Seen it plenty of times at other stadiums but this was a first at Bama as far as I can remember.

I honestly can’t ever figure out if it’s how the stadium is built or just the general attitude by Alabama fans who attend games, but BDS rarely gets loud and raucous like JHS, Tiger, Kyle, Swamp, or Neyland.
I don't get to many games and it's almost always a cupcake game when I do so, that may be some of it but, too many people just want to sit there and not have fun. I'm turning 46 in a few weeks so, I'm no young puppy but, there are a lot of older fans who seem to treat the stadium as their couch. They don't even like it when you are standing and cheering, I've had someone ask me to sit down before. I wanted to tell them to leave and watch it on TV but, I hate confrontations, so I didn't. I also kept standing up though.

I have also never been to a big time SEC matchup before, so I have never experienced that kind of crowd. The last and only conference game I have attended was the Prothro over the back catch game vs. Miss. St.

Also, I'd like to propose a new site rule. Our stadium must be abbreviated as SF@BDS now. Failing to do so should result in a 1 hour suspension.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
One think you'll notice about CKD after he left NAIA -- his tougher games are wins. They are "close" wins... but he wins!

But he's not one to blow people out consistently -- especially the tougher teams...

Only aliens do that -- and our last Alien spoiled us....Saban spotted 28 points rolls easily. On the flip, not sure Saban would have been up 28-0 against that UGA team -- more likely 17-3 or 17-6, etc

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
One think you'll notice about CKD after he left NAIA -- his tougher games are wins. They are "close" wins... but he wins!

But he's not one to blow people out consistently -- especially the tougher teams...
He could have blown out UGA if he hadn't started "playing the clock" offensively and made more aggressive adjustments to UGA's adjustments.

STONECOLDSABAN

Hall of Fame
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Its hilarious, I have never seen more Mental Gymnastics By opposing fanbases (not just georgia) to try to convince themselves that Alabama is in trouble because of Georgias comeback. We beat the Number Two team in the nation riding a 42 game Regular season undefeated streak with our first year coach in his first conference game. Alabama is literally the only team that has beat georgia in like 3 and half seasons. Does that mean I think we are unbeatable and we don't have things to work on?? Absolutely not. But its so funny because it's almost like they are wishcasting so hard that alabama winning the game against a quality opponent is secondary to whatever "signs" of decline they "see". :ROFLMAO:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Its hilarious, I have never seen more Mental Gymnastics By opposing fanbases (not just georgia) to try to convince themselves that Alabama is in trouble because of Georgias comeback. We beat the Number Two team in the nation riding a 4 game winning streak with our first year coach in his first conference game. Alabama is literally the only team that has beat georgia in like 3 and half seasons. Does that mean I think we are unbeatable and we don't have things to work on?? Absolutely not. But its so funny because it's almost like they are wishcasting so hard that alabama winning the game against a quality opponent is secondary to whatever "signs" of decline they "see". :ROFLMAO:
FIFY ;)

Reactions: STONECOLDSABAN

STONECOLDSABAN

Hall of Fame
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL

Only aliens do that -- and our last Alien spoiled us....Saban spotted 28 points rolls easily. On the flip, not sure Saban would have been up 28-0 against that UGA team -- more likely 17-3 or 17-6, etc
He is going to have to cut that crap out LOL. I don't need that stress in my life every Saturday. :ROFLMAO:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
We just might. I am not ready to make that call yet though. Let's see how he handles success the rest of the season.
IMO, the best coach is proven over a period of time, which is why I don't even think Kirby is "the best coach". He, like Dabo, had two/three very good years clustered together but you're now seeing cracks. Whereas, The GOAT (CNS) had so much sustained success year after year that you'd embarrass yourself to say he wasn't.

I think we have one of the top three coaches in the country with an innovative offensive mind and knows what it takes to put a great staff together. He is also a proven winner and his record cannot be argued with....

1727709620195.png

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
IMO, the best coach is proven over a period of time, which is why I don't even think Kirby is "the best coach". He, like Dabo, had two/three very good years clustered together but you're now seeing cracks. Whereas, The GOAT (CNS) had so much sustained success year after year that you'd embarrass yourself to say he wasn't.

I think we have one of the top three coaches in the country with an innovative offensive mind and knows what it takes to put a great staff together. He is also a proven winner and his record cannot be argued with....

View attachment 45961
Agreed. I don't think there's anyone (who has any actual football knowledge) that wouldn't have CKD in his top 3 right now.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
I'll have to go watch again as well, but there were several times we had Koht and Robinson out there at the same time. I don't love how we use them sometimes, lined up more over the OGs in 2 point stances trying to rush gaps. I guess that grouping did lead to the safety so it's not like it wasn't somewhat successful, but we brought the house on that play.

That's also one of the things that somewhat changed from Saban to Womack. Womack runs 2 pure heavies, then one medium (Overton and Latham) and one light. It's like 2 300+ dudes, a 270-280 dude and then a 250 (ideal) or 240 (what we have). Saban would run 3 true heavies a lot so 3 guys all around 300, and one light, or he'd run it 2 and 2.
I thought we would have great success getting home with four. I bought we would get consistent inside pressure in the QB’s face as well. But I feel we will be better in November.

STONECOLDSABAN

Hall of Fame
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Listen, we were a INT away from blowing the doors open and making Georgia quit.

I think the strength of Bama plays right into beating Georgia every time, even more so because we’ve all known what type of offense gives Kirby fits as well as what gave CNS the same. At this point Alabama is in Kirby’s head
You Just don't get it @BamaBoySince89. if you solve for X and Carry the 3. Add the refs robbing them, Divide by 4, Forget that they were 5/5 on fourth down, Expect that to happen every game, Touch your toes. Do the hokey pokey, Clearly you can see Georgia and Kirby Have us right were they want us...or so i have been told.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Its hilarious, I have never seen more Mental Gymnastics By opposing fanbases (not just georgia) to try to convince themselves that Alabama is in trouble because of Georgias comeback. We beat the Number Two team in the nation riding a 42 game Regular season undefeated streak with our first year coach in his first conference game. Alabama is literally the only team that has beat georgia in like 3 and half seasons. Does that mean I think we are unbeatable and we don't have things to work on?? Absolutely not. But its so funny because it's almost like they are wishcasting so hard that alabama winning the game against a quality opponent is secondary to whatever "signs" of decline they "see". :ROFLMAO:
I think the game showed two things fairly clearly about Georgia. They are not as good as they have been. They are a step or two off that pace, IMO. However, they do still retain the championship mettle to not quit.

I do not think they are winning the NC this year. I don't think they are winning the SEC either. Playoffs? That depends on how it all works out with whatever committee they are going with. But they should make the field.

You couple this game with Georgia's effort against Kentucky, and it becomes more clear. I think Sark and Texas are going to blow their doors off. I respect Kirby and his staff keeping them determined to continue fighting. Alabama's program is in transition right now and for all the kudos they deserve for coming up with that first half effort, they were not ready for the endurance it requires to completely kill a Georgia. We'll get there again but the staff is still learning how to handle this. Sark and his staff are a different story though and I think his offense has the number of Kirby's defense.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
People do not want to think that Alabama will still be "Alabama" even with Saban retired. The problem is, and Josh Pate said it, Alabama's athletes were better than UGA's athletes Saturday night. Pate said he stood on the field and watched with his own eyes. He said there is this misconception about UGA that they are at the top of the mountain wrt talent and the best other teams can do is be equal. But he said after watching the game Saturday night, Alabama had better athletes. No one outside of Tuscaloosa, AL wants to hear that, and rightfully so.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I think the game showed two things fairly clearly about Georgia. They are not as good as they have been. They are a step or two off that pace, IMO. However, they do still retain the championship mettle to not quit.

I do not think they are winning the NC this year. I don't think they are winning the SEC either. Playoffs? That depends on how it all works out with whatever committee they are going with. But they should make the field.

You couple this game with Georgia's effort against Kentucky, and it becomes more clear. I think Sark and Texas are going to blow their doors off. I respect Kirby and his staff keeping them determined to continue fighting. Alabama's program is in transition right now and for all the kudos they deserve for coming up with that first half effort, they were not ready for the endurance it requires to completely kill a Georgia. We'll get there again but the staff is still learning how to handle this. Sark and his staff are a different story though and I think his offense has the number of Kirby's defense.
I think they lose to Texas but it won't be a blowout. I think they beat Ucheat.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads