JessN: Georgia wrap-up: Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
But the players can see the playclock on the field. There's no excuse to snap the ball with more than 5 seconds. I have to assume that's on the coaches.
Yeah, tell the players one time, "Don't snap the ball before 5-6 seconds left on the clock" and let them go. We just continued snapping the ball with too much time on the play clock.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Yeah, tell the players one time, "Don't snap the ball before 5-6 seconds left on the clock" and let them go. We just continued snapping the ball with too much time on the play clock.
I counted several plays that were snapped in the 15-20 second range. That's ridiculous, quite frankly. For crying out loud, we have a full 40 seconds. That is a TON of time to drain the clock. If CKD was ok with that, I don't know what to say. I hope we learn from it.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
During halftime I seriously considered going back and DELETING every post I'd made criticizing Milroe's poor mid-range passing and his apparent inability to progress through his reads(!).
:unsure:
Man, did Jalen Milroe prove me wrong ... until the 3rd Quarter, anyway.
‼
I never would have believed JM could adjust his play; I thought it was too late to try and change him.....
✔
I have never been so happy to be wrong.
🤷‍♂️
To make you feel better, CKD said Milroe started making strides in "some areas" the past several weeks and it appeared the areas very well could have been finding the hot reads, staying in the pocket and hitting his wr's/te's in the middle of the field. These are things that all last season and through the first several games this season he didn't do.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
To make you feel better, CKD said Milroe started making strides in "some areas" the past several weeks and it appeared the areas very well could have been finding the hot reads, staying in the pocket and hitting his wr's/te's in the middle of the field. These are things that all last season and through the first several games this season he didn't do.
His postgame press conference also sounded to me like he(CKD) was trying to be delicate with the various known and discussed deficiencies.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
His postgame press conference also sounded to me like he(CKD) was trying to be delicate with the various known and discussed deficiencies.
Yes, it sounded like he was saying "The light has now come on for him in areas he's recently struggled". Which is a great thing because it dang sure opened up our offense and went through Kirby's defense "like :poop: through a tin horn". Good for Jalen!

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
Love this quote:

"The fact the capping play was made by a kid so young that he won’t be able to legally buy a lottery ticket or an alcoholic beverage on the day he’s drafted into the NFL is one of those things that only seems to happen to programs like this one, where it becomes but another chapter in a story so heroic and grand that hobbits should be involved somehow."

Of all the teams my family could have been brought up to follow, I am so glad it was and is the Alabama Crimson Tide! RTR!🐘

Scobaman

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 25, 2010
I think the O looked great in the first half. I wish they had continued with the first down throws in the second half to get to a second and short. Also they need to learn how to run the clock inside 10 seconds when they have a substantial lead in the second half. No need to snap it with 20+ seconds on the shot clock every play. But overall i thought they played a great game. Glad to see Coach get excited over the missed PI call.
Is it possible that the offense loses its rhythm when it tries to slow things down.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jay Hughes

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I was highly encouraged with how the offense performed overall. I know the offense struggled in the middle and late parts of the game, but setting that aside, I was encouraged. We've seen other teams like Ole Miss that struggled offensively when facing a real defense. Maybe CKD is the offense version of CNS in Alabama's case - the jury is still out. Whatever the staff did to get Milroe to look for the easy access passes definitely confused UGA, and confirmed CKS' point that facing a dual-threat like Milroe presents a litany of problems for the defense.

I was also encouraged how the team responded after losing the lead to UGA. Again, maybe CKD's offensive system (versus CNS' system) plays a role here. The team has to continue to taking the season game-by-game - especially since there could be up to 4-5 postseason games to win a NC. How about Brown turning around when the ball was in the air and getting that INT?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I was highly encouraged with how the offense performed overall. I know the offense struggled in the middle and late parts of the game, but setting that aside, I was encouraged. We've seen other teams like Ole Miss that struggled offensively when facing a real defense. Maybe CKD is the offense version of CNS in Alabama's case - the jury is still out. Whatever the staff did to get Milroe to look for the easy access passes definitely confused UGA, and confirmed CKS' point that facing a dual-threat like Milroe presents a litany of problems for the defense.

I was also encouraged how the team responded after losing the lead to UGA. Again, maybe CKD's offensive system (versus CNS' system) plays a role here. The team has to continue to taking the season game-by-game - especially since there could be up to 4-5 postseason games to win a NC. How about Brown turning around when the ball was in the air and getting that INT?
Beautiful play.

BhamToTexas

All-American
Dec 25, 2020
radio stops working with 15 left on play clock. Just speculation, but that could have something to do with it.
Interesting theory. If we had let the clock keep going, UGA may have changed the defensive calls, maybe we wanted to avoid that. Hmmm

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads