The Freeze bus … keeps running over his QBs

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
They just keep getting worse with each HC Firing and Hiring.

Gus had them right where they usually should be record wise. 8-9 wins and/or 3-4 losses a year and upsetting us in the IB about 1 out of 3 times.

They threw it away for increasingly worse records and getting beaten in miracle walk off fashion in IBs in a team role reversal way.

It’s been Glorious to witness.

SNASS

CrimsonBloodn62

1st Team
Feb 1, 2002
Tuscumbia, AL
They just keep getting worse with each HC Firing and Hiring.

Gus had them right where they usually should be record wise. 8-9 wins and/or 3-4 losses a year and upsetting us in the IB about 1 out of 3 times.

They threw it away for increasingly worse records and getting beaten in miracle walk off fashion in IBs in a team role reversal way.

It’s been Glorious to witness.

SNASS
The silence from the Barney fans up here in the Shoals area is deafening. I don't see any Barney shirts, caps, or flags flying anywhere. Not the first one, WDE can be heard anywhere. That's your classic Barney fan when they know the season is already doomed.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Freeze's resume is essentially high school coach, hired at Ole Miss to cheat on a biblical scale and get some wins, managed two fluky (early season) wins against Saban, never did anything with it, got team put on probation, then spent a bunch of years at Liberty. On the one hand not many people have two victories against Saban, but we all know Saban's teams were sometimes vulnerable and most years we would always drop one. He only had two seasons where he ran the table. I mean who was coaching La Monroe in 2007? Wiki says his name was Charlie Weatherby. I think he's available. Is he next in line?
If my players can substitute while yours can't, and mine can block downfield five yards on passing plays, and you give me an NIL roster pre-NIL, I can make your team look bad, too.

cdub55

Aug 13, 2024
The recruiting train is still rolling. The turbulence isn’t done but the engines are still running.

Expect Deuce Knight to commit soon.
Aubarn will put all their eggs in Deuce just like they did with Walker White. Unfortunately, QB at the highest level of college football is a developmental position and it usually takes years before that person/position is playing at an elite level. Putting all hope, dreams, and aspirations in an 18 year old freshman at QB is a perfect recipe for disaster.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Aubarn will put all their eggs in Deuce just like they did with Walker White. Unfortunately, QB at the highest level of college football is a developmental position and it usually takes years before that person/position is playing at an elite level. Putting all hope, dreams, and aspirations in an 18 year old freshman at QB is a perfect recipe for disaster.
Rome wasn’t built in a day. Recruiting is the priority.

I still think it’s important to keep in mind what Freeze walked in to. Post 2022 IB we had something like 20-25 active scholarship players on the roster, and maybe only half of them were D1 quality players. He cobbled together the 23 class and went portal heavy. Some of those guys have worked out but there were plenty of misses too. Sucks it’s taking this long to restock the cupboard but progress is being made where it needs to.

Reactions: dtgreg

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I still think it’s important to keep in mind what Freeze walked in to. Post 2022 IB we had something like 20-25 active scholarship players on the roster, and maybe only half of them were D1 quality players. He cobbled together the 23 class and went portal heavy. Some of those guys have worked out but there were plenty of misses too. Sucks it’s taking this long to restock the cupboard but progress is being made where it needs to.
You guys really need to give the reverend a lifetime contract... :cool:

cdub55

Aug 13, 2024

Who am I to argue if you think what has been seen on the field this year is "progress". Keep on keeping on fam!

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Who am I to argue if you think what has been seen on the field this year is "progress". Keep on keeping on fam!
QB, QB, QB.

Auburn is fine in most offensive statistical categories but one: interceptions. The QBs keep throwing the ball to the other team. Clean that up and Auburn might be 5-0.

Freeze tried the Hank experiment but he was even worse, and if we put Walker out there before he’s ready it could stunt his development. Geriner probably isn’t an SEC QB.

Hugh could have gone for a portal QB, but if he thought 1.5 million for one season of Cam Ward was too much, and he still doesn’t think the roster is well rounded enough to compete, I get it. It would be a waste of 7 figures when that money is better spent shoring things up elsewhere.

cdub55

Aug 13, 2024
QB, QB, QB.

Auburn is fine in most offensive statistical categories but one: interceptions. The QBs keep throwing the ball to the other team. Clean that up and Auburn might be 5-0.

Freeze tried the Hank experiment but he was even worse, and if we put Walker out there before he’s ready it could stunt his development. Geriner probably isn’t an SEC QB.

Hugh could have gone for a portal QB, but if he thought 1.5 million for one season of Cam Ward was too much, and he still doesn’t think the roster is well rounded enough to compete, I get it. It would be a waste of 7 figures when that money is better spent shoring things up elsewhere.
-Auburn has played 5 home games
-Auburn has lost 2 home games where they were the favorite
-Auburn lost to Oklahoma who started a true freshman QUARTERBACK...QB QB QB QB QB
-Auburn leads the nation with 12 plays over 40 yards this year. 5 of those 12 were against bad FCS programs (Alabama leads the nation in plays over 40 against FBS competition)

To summarize, Auburn's "statistics" aren't what they seem to be. Furthermore, turnovers are a part of the game, always have been, always will be. Pardon our Progress :)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
-Auburn has played 5 home games
-Auburn has lost 2 home games where they were the favorite
-Auburn lost to Oklahoma who started a true freshman QUARTERBACK...QB QB QB QB QB
Those loses had a combined 9 interceptions. Against OU the play that gave them the game winning score was a pick 6.

Hell against OU Auburn had a great game offensively but for that pick.

I’m not saying Auburn has a great offense by any means. It’s serviceable. Take away the interceptions it’s about where one would expect it to be in year 2 of a massive overhaul.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Odd time to be crowing when UGa’s about to hang a 60 piece on you…
Hardly crowing. This is gonna be a bad bad season unless Freeze can somehow rectify the turnover issues.

At the same time, the progress being made is undeniable. Right now Freeze has a top 5 class (4 on On3, 3 on 247) and it still has momentum and room to grow.

Again, the front end sucks right now, but the back end, the “sausage being made,” as it were, is coming along. He’s stocking talent like mad. Hell, he’s out recruiting UGA and LSU.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
So two years down the drain - if year three isn't awesome will awbarn admit they made yet another terrible hire?

I sure hope not. :)
you posted a Harsin comparison, but that was in error. What ultimately got Harsin fired was that he wouldn’t freaking recruit. High school coaches at Thompson, Phenix City etc said he never bothered to darken their doors with his presence.

I don’t care who you are, that’s D1 coaching 101.

What buys Freeze time is that everyone knows what he was left with and how big of a rebuild Auburn was, and that he’s actually making an effort to build.

Right now the on the field results a lagging indicator, unfortunately, are a secondary concern, because the PTB see what he’s doing on the back end.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads