Milroe's accuracy

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I’m just happy we won. The defense played well. We have a bye week. Hopefully we can improve. Trying not to be insufferable. Pulling for the guy that two coaching staffs has picked to be the starter. Hoping that JM hasn’t “destroyed” the program. Longing for the day that this forum wouldn’t allow bashing of players. As an admin said recently, recruits actually read this stuff. My niece, who’s going to sign her NLOI, had reservations about it due to the geniuses that dogged the coach she’s coming to play for. Will continue, like I’ve always said, to support those players and coaches that represent the University.

Reactions: RdunawayTX

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I’m just happy we won. The defense played well. We have a bye week. Hopefully we can improve. Trying not to be insufferable. Pulling for the guy that two coaching staffs has picked to be the starter. Hoping that JM hasn’t “destroyed” the program. Longing for the day that this forum wouldn’t allow bashing of players. As an admin said recently, recruits actually read this stuff. My niece, who’s going to sign her NLOI, had reservations about it due to the geniuses that dogged the coach she’s coming to play for. Will continue, like I’ve always said, to support those players and coaches that represent the University.
There's no "bashing" going on. We have never prohibited the legitimate criticism of players while I've been the admin, which is a couple of decades. I deleted a couple of posts which used terms like "sucked," which is what "bashing" is. We cannot become just a cheerleading forum. This forum is for serious discussion and there has been much valid discussion of his play, but no "bashing." You need to adjust your definition of "bashing," or look at some other forums, if you think the criticism here is harsh...

• Emphasis!
Reactions: crimsonaudio

GboyBama

2nd Team
May 7, 2010
Mobile, AL
He was 16 of 26 today. 61.5%. Lower than his overall. 215 yards . 8.3 yd ave. He’s the first Bama quarterback in history to have 25 passing and 25 rushing touchdowns.
Nobody wants to hear facts.

They'll tolerate him at 75 percent completion, 5 TD's and no picks per game.

Anything less and they lose their minds. No conspiracy theory is off the table for them.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Nobody wants to hear facts.

They'll tolerate him at 75 percent completion, 5 TD's and no picks per game.

Anything less and they lose their minds. No conspiracy theory is off the table for them.
Never fails. After a win the fan boys come out and trumpet the praise.

I’d take him at not missing fifty percent of the wide open receivers.

I’d take forty percent of his throws mechanically sound.

I’d take him climbing the pocket on forty percent of his throws.

If you can’t see the glaring weaknesses in his game, you’re being willfully ignorant at this point.

• Thank You
Reactions: Cruloc

louf

Oct 19, 2024
He was 16 of 26 today. 61.5%. Lower than his overall. 215 yards . 8.3 yd ave. He’s the first Bama quarterback in history to have 25 passing and 25 rushing touchdowns.
Yet he still missed wide open receivers, again. I am not saying he isnt a good player, I am just wondering what has happened with him.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Zero question Milroe missed a LOT of passes today. From the stands, on one long scramble he looked to have a TD if he threw it instead of running. Seeing those WRs WIDE OPEN play after play but not getting throws (inaccurate or not at all) is depressing.

Overall Bama looked better for the most part (def in the second half), but unless / until JM hits those wide-open throws with catchable balls, Bama's ceiling is limited.

It is what it is.

Reactions: OconeeTide and louf

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Never fails. After a win the fan boys come out and trumpet the praise.

I’d take him at not missing fifty percent of the wide open receivers.

I’d take forty percent of his throws mechanically sound.

I’d take him climbing the pocket on forty percent of his throws.

If you can’t see the glaring weaknesses in his game, you’re being willfully ignorant at this point.
Will continue to be a “fanboy” of whomever holds that position. RTR

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads