Link: 2025 Recruiting Targets

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
What does the Moore commitment to Oregon do for Lockett and Texas? I would think KL becomes a priority for Sark . I guess we will see how far CKD has come in recruiting the South.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
What does the Moore commitment to Oregon do for Lockett and Texas? I would think KL becomes a priority for Sark . I guess we will see how far CKD has come in recruiting the South.
Of the 20 Commits for 2025, 10 are from the south.
Alabama - 5
Georgia - 3
Texas - 1
Mississippi - 1

Interesting none from Florida. Florida has been a hotbed for talent. Instead, we got 6 from California. And I'm ok with that.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I saw that and thought the same thing. NIL $ for Lockett just doubled most likely. I want Lockett but would take Cunningham and/or Meadows if he does go with Texas. Lockett announces on 8/7 so we will see.

Reactions: sanjosecrimson

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Alabama - 5
Georgia - 3
Texas - 1
Mississippi - 1

Interesting none from Florida. Florida has been a hotbed for talent. Instead, we got 6 from California. And I'm ok with that.
That is strange we have none from FLA. I don't think any of our remaining targets are from FLA either. This would be our first class with no FLA players in a very long time if....

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
... Interesting none from Florida. Florida has been a hotbed for talent. Instead, we got 6 from California. And I'm ok with that.
That is strange we have none from FLA. I don't think any of our remaining targets are from FLA either. This would be our first class with no FLA players in a very long time if....

... 'specially considering we have several coaches with a connection to South Alabama.

... and at least one coach formerly on staff at UF, and another who played there.

One would think they would, at least, have developed relationships with the Florida high schools.

One other factor might be the competition has gotten arguably stronger since the onset of NIL, etc. FSU seems to be gaining a lot of ground. They might be our biggest recruiting threat at the present.

Don't follow Florida schools close enough to say for sure. Just sharing some suppositions. :)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
... 'specially considering we have several coaches with a connection to South Alabama.

... and at least one coach formerly on staff at UF, and another who played there.

One would think they would, at least, have developed relationships with the Florida high schools.

One other factor might be the competition has gotten arguably stronger since the onset of NIL, etc. FSU seems to be gaining a lot of ground. They might be our biggest recruiting threat at the present.

Don't follow Florida schools close enough to say for sure. Just sharing some suppositions. :)
I think it is just the way things went down for this class and don't expect it to be a trend.

bamajas

1st Team
Oct 5, 2005
Jasper, AL

Also have to believe Deboer and his UW guys who came with him were already up to date on their best fits for West coast guys more than East coast guys ... the USA/FL connections will help in the long run

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
This staff may not have established contacts in Florida yet. I don't think it's a huge issue this year, but that will need to be fixed.

I remember what a huge splash it was in recruiting when we signed DJ Hall and Keith Brown out of Florida. Even though they were like 3 stars, it was as if we'd signed Michael Irvin and Andre Johnson. We were coming off a 3 year Florida drought because Fran could not recruit Florida and Shula was learning on the job.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

FSU is doing well. But I saw where Florida was in last place in the SEC recruiting race for 2025. Even Vandy was ahead of Florida. Not sure what to make of that.

Reactions: Tidelines

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
This staff may not have established contacts in Florida yet. I don't think it's a huge issue this year, but that will need to be fixed.

I remember what a huge splash it was in recruiting when we signed DJ Hall and Keith Brown out of Florida. Even though they were like 3 stars, it was as if we'd signed Michael Irvin and Andre Johnson. We were coming off a 3 year Florida drought because Fran could not recruit Florida and Shula was learning on the job.
Well we retained RB coach Gillespie who was a FLA grad, LB coach Freddie Roach who has recruited FLA and our OLB coach was on the FLA staff at one point I believe. Yes, it needs to get better but this class was put together on previous relationships the UW staff had began and finished at Bama.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Alabama - 5
Georgia - 3
Texas - 1
Mississippi - 1

Yeah, but Alabama gets you ten Southern recruits. But go into Texas and pull a highly touted skill position player that’s also a position of need for Texas, well, that’s next level Nick Saban recruiting there.

Latest threads