2025 Recruiting

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I figured I would start a 2025 recruiting thread. We are getting an OV from 4* Davion Hannah. It says he is one of the best shooters in the class and is the #31 ranked player overall.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
As BamaHoops posted on another thread we are in on #1 overall player AJ Dybantsa and made his top 10. He was teammates with Reid and Sherrill last year and knows ass't coach Preston Murphy well so we may be well positioned here.

I can't quite process that the highest rated high school player out there plays for a prep team in Hurricane, UT. I've been to Hurricane. It's a cool area, but I wouldn't have thought it was a basketball hotbed.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I can't quite process that the highest rated high school player out there plays for a prep team in Hurricane, UT. I've been to Hurricane. It's a cool area, but I wouldn't have thought it was a basketball hotbed.
It may be one of those private school basketball factory schools but don't know for sure.

Reactions: dtgreg

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
Jasper Johnson, 5 Star from Link Academy visiting this weekend. No. 10 player in the 25' class... Played with LaBaron Philon last year at Link Academy as well..
His father, Dennis, is a former all-SEC defensive end at Kentucky and former NFL player. Jasper is originally from Lexington, Kentucky, but moved to Link Academy to play high school basketball ahead of the 2023 season.
This would certainly be a big deal, ... and I would think our chances are better since Coach Cal has moved on.

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
According to On3.com, we might have a slight lead on Mikel Brown, Jr.
Also, according to an article on rolltidewire.usatoday.com, Brown, Jr. received an offer from the Alabama coaching staff well over a year ago. (April 2023)

Like Jasper Johnson, Mikel is also being pursued by Kentucky. Here is a blurb from an article on the UK channel of On3.com:
It is really, really hard for opposing defenses to keep this dynamic point guard out of the paint. Brown Jr. was consistently getting into the teeth of the defense and making decisions from an advantageous position. His raw playmaking ability off of the dribble was as impressive as any point guard prospect in Rock Hill throughout the week. Brown Jr. averaged 24.9 points and 3.1 assists per game while leading Team Loaded NC to a 6-1 week at the 3SSB Championships. He is a talented shot-maker from beyond the arc showcasing the ability to create looks for himself off of the dribble or knock them down from the catch. Big time scorer from the point guard position who still impresses with his passing ability.
He reportedly made two visits to Tuscaloosa back in January 2024 - one official and one unofficial.

Highly ranked point guard.

Last edited:

BamaHoopsBoi

Scout Team
Apr 7, 2023
According to On3.com, we might have a slight lead on Mikel Brown, Jr.
Also, according to an article on rolltidewire.usatoday.com, Brown, Jr. received an offer from the Alabama coaching staff well over a year ago. (April 2023)

Like Jasper Johnson, Mikel is also being pursued by Kentucky. Here is a blurb from an article on the UK channel of On3.com:

He reportedly made two visits to Tuscaloosa back in January 2024 - one official and one unofficial.

Highly ranked point guard.
That guy can SHOOT, happened to watch him while watching Reed in the U18 Fiba Championship and he was raining 3's pretty consistently.

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
As BamaHoops posted on another thread we are in on #1 overall player AJ Dybantsa and made his top 10. He was teammates with Reid and Sherrill last year and knows ass't coach Preston Murphy well so we may be well positioned here...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Bama hosting 5* forward Will Riley on an OV this weekend.

2 CB's for Will Riley to Illinois so looks like we may miss on him.
That roster may have intimidated him a bit.
I don't know whether our roster intimidated Will Riley or he's leaning toward Illinois for other reasons. But the idea that our roster even might have intimidated a 5* basketball prospect is pretty cool.

I've been following Alabama basketball since CM Newton's early days, and we've never had talent in the same universe as we have now.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads