Abortion

AWRTR

All-American
Oct 18, 2022
I hold the man 100% responsible for the woman getting pregnant. The man is almost always the instigator. If the woman seduces the man, well, that would be different. Without getting too graphic, it’s almost always the man that makes the first move. Once the water starts boiling, there’s no turning back unless the woman says no. If she does, it’s over.
I’m stunned by how ridiculous this statement is.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I’m stunned by how ridiculous this statement is.
Lol, you were just waiting for someone to give this response so you could make your easily stunned, ridiculous comment. I took the bait.

Look, you either get it or you don’t. There are a lot of people, especially fathers and women, who agree with me. The man impregnates the woman. It’s his job to take care of her while she’s pregnant and to do everything he can to help raise the child. If you’re not willing to do that, keep your pants on.

ETA: If the woman opts for an abortion, the father should pay. She has to endure the surgery and the risks that go with it.

Reactions: Jon

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
You didn't answer any of the questions I asked.
As a man you are 100% responsible for your actions. Just like car crashes, there are very few true accidents. In unwanted pregnancies, there are very few truly actual accidents. Mostly there is just irresponsibility. I'm simply tired of the culture of blaming the woman and denigrating abortions when a man is MORE often the instigator and culprit.

AWRTR

All-American
Oct 18, 2022
Lol, you were just waiting for someone to give this response so you could make your easily stunned, ridiculous comment. I took the bait.

Look, you either get it or you don’t. There are a lot of people, especially fathers and women, who agree with me. The man impregnates the woman. It’s his job to take care of her while she’s pregnant and to do everything he can to help raise the child. If you’re not willing to do that, keep your pants on.

ETA: If the woman opts for an abortion, the father should pay. She has to endure the surgery and the risks that go with it.
I don't disagree from a moral point of view with the role the man should play in caring for what should be his wife and what is his child. What is wild to me is that some on here are rolling back the responsibility and agency of women. The fact you say my comment that both parties are equally responsible for the decision and consequences of that decision is ridiculous and rolls back equality between the sexes by a hundred years or so.

AWRTR

All-American
Oct 18, 2022
As a man you are 100% responsible for your actions. Just like car crashes, there are very few true accidents. In unwanted pregnancies, there are very few truly actual accidents. Mostly there is just irresponsibility. I'm simply tired of the culture of blaming the woman and denigrating abortions when a man is MORE often the instigator and culprit.
So a woman isn't able to say no? If she says no and things continue anyway then we have a legal issue where someone should go to jail. I guess I should expect this response from a leftist ideology that uses identity and perceived power imbalances to determine who the bad person is in every instance. GO TEAM!!!

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Some of the views on sex in this thread are crazy to me. There are some that really feel that sex is an immoral act only meant for creating life. I mean, my goodness, not even the Bible holds that view.

Sex it not just for procreation, it's also for pleasure and enjoyment between 2 consenting adults, even young adults of age. Saying you should only have sex if you want the responsibility of a child is outrageous to me. There are people, married and unmarried, that do not want children ever but also enjoy having sex with each other. There is nothing wrong with that and it is not some horrible, shameful act.

No one, government, religious or otherwise, has any business telling consenting individuals what they should or should not do in their private lives. If consenting adults end up accidentally pregnant after an enjoyable "roll in the hay", whether they were acting responsible or not, and the women does not want to be pregnant, she should have every right to choose to end that pregnancy. Should we encourage people to practice safe sex and birth control, sure but sometimes things happen in the heat of passion. There is no shame in that and should be no shame in the decisions that happen afterwards as well.

That is how the land of the free should work.

Your religious belief views abortion as murder. Fine, that is between you and God. How about you let God judge those people and stop trying to force everyone to live by YOUR morals?

Man, if only I could force my moral views about gun ownership onto people like they want to force their views of abortion. In this country, guns are one of the leading causes of death for children between the ages of 1-18. Where is the moral concern and caring for these children that are actually born and alive?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Some of the views on sex in this thread are crazy to me. There are some that really feel that sex is an immoral act only meant for creating life. I mean, my goodness, not even the Bible holds that view.

Sex it not just for procreation, it's also for pleasure and enjoyment between 2 consenting adults, even young adults of age. Saying you should only have sex if you want the responsibility of a child is outrageous to me. There are people, married and unmarried, that do not want children ever but also enjoy having sex with each other. There is nothing wrong with that and it is not some horrible, shameful act.

No one, government, religious or otherwise, has any business telling consenting individuals what they should or should not do in their private lives. If consenting adults end up accidentally pregnant after an enjoyable "roll in the hay", whether they were acting responsible or not, and the women does not want to be pregnant, she should have every right to choose to end that pregnancy. Should we encourage people to practice safe sex and birth control, sure but sometimes things happen in the heat of passion. There is no shame in that and should be no shame in the decisions that happen afterwards as well.

Your religious belief views abortion as murder. Fine, that is between you and God. How about you let God judge those people and stop trying to force everyone to live by YOUR morals?

Man, if only I could force my moral views about gun ownership onto people like they want to force their views of abortion. In this country, guns are one of the leading causes of death for children between the ages of 1-18. Where is the moral concern and caring for these children that are actually born and alive?
which brings it back to having very little to do with protection of “life” and a whole lot to do with controlling “slutty” women

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
The fact you say my comment that both parties are equally responsible for the decision and consequences of that decision is ridiculous and rolls back equality between the sexes by a hundred years or so.
I didn’t call your comment ridiculous; you called my comment ridiculous. I understand your logic, just disagree.

Equality between the sexes is out the window when it comes to pregnancy. The woman makes the decisions because she is carrying the child.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Thank God, we all only have one vote a piece...

The self-righteous want to regulate everyone to their moral standard. The permissive want to be let alone while allowing the self-righteous to be self-righteous unto themselves. Please help us understand why the policy of "you do you" is so bad for everyone?
Because of the two biggest points of argument it’s not “you do you”.

People want to take away guns, mostly the people who don’t have them.

People want to take away abortions, mostly the people who wouldn’t get one anyway.

Both believe they’re helping others out instead of just minding their own business.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

People are trying to force their views on guns.

Ironically the two are very similar: be responsible, be diligent, prevent accidents.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
So a woman isn't able to say no? If she says no and things continue anyway then we have a legal issue where someone should go to jail. I guess I should expect this response from a leftist ideology that uses identity and perceived power imbalances to determine who the bad person is in every instance. GO TEAM!!!
As usual, what I say is completely ignored for what you want it to say, so I'll say it directly. As as man, your sperm is 100% your responsibility to avoid making a baby you have not agreed to raise or are not willing to raise. Again, there is nothing in this about a women, except when you screw up, (or worse) the women then has to bear the responsibility and then make decisions which so many people then want to decide for the woman. You have to be a man and take care of your own body processes. Nobody should be to blame if you can't, won't, don't understand how to control your own sperm. Man up.

spidermayin

1st Team
Dec 4, 2018

I agree with everything you said and could not have said it any better.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Tell that to someone who has lost a child in a school shooting... While youre at it go ahead and tell them your unfettered right to obtain, own, carry, and display your gun is more important and must be preserved at all costs than their child's safety at school.

The Republican ideal is argued from a utopian point of view. No restrictions are needed if everyone would be responsible with their gun, be responsible in an intimate moment with woman.

We live in a fallen world and society shows repeatedly these ideals are not attainable. Yet Republicans insist that pain and suffering be allowed to continue in pursuit of this panacea.

People are trying to force their views on guns.

Ironically the two are very similar: be responsible, be diligent, prevent accidents.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I'm sure many GOP will say she got what she deserved since she took the abortion pill.

I hope the families start suing the hospitals, state legislatures and frankly, people need to start suing the church. Start with the most outspoken, the Southern Baptists Convention. If the church wants to continue to push this agenda that is costing lives, then they need to pay for the blood on their hands (and this ain't the blood of Jesus, it's the devil's work.)

Last edited:
Reactions: UAH and Go Bama

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads