Brian Battie of Auburn (KR/RB) shot in Florida

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
There are times when the dark side of the real world raises it’s ugly head, and we put aside our differences and support our rivals in their battle…with a higher purpose…and a higher level of being human.
Today I join in prayer with my Auburn brethren to lift up this young man…and to pray for his family who have apparently already lost one son/brother 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
There are times when the dark side of the real world raises it’s ugly head, and we put aside our differences and support our rivals in their battle…with a higher purpose…and a higher level of being human.
Today I join in prayer with my Auburn brethren to lift up this young man…and to pray for his family who have apparently already lost one son/brother 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Perfectly said, there’s a time and a place.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
As of May 21, there have been 11 shootings this year in Sarasota County that have killed six people and injured eight.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
As of May 21, there have been 11 shootings this year in Sarasota County that have killed six people and injured eight.

That's sad. Gun violence is terrible. I assume this is a recent uptick in shootings there?

Unfortunately, Birmingham calls this a Tuesday.

Last edited:
Reactions: TiderJack

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I also noticed in a related link embedded in the article that Mike Ford, 2005 Alabama RB signee by Mike Shula had died unexpectedly at age 37. IIRC Ford had both academic and discipline issues at Alabama which led to his dismissal from the team. He transferred back home to USF but his problems followed and was kicked off the team there as well.
Ford was a kid with all the talent in the world. He just never put the demons behind him I guess. Age 37 is far too young to leave this world regardless.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
A suspect has been arrested.

The suspect is 28 and has four felony convictions. Not sure why he was walking around free and in possession of a gun. If you know go to the Non-Sports board and let us know.

Reactions: jjv0004

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Rick Karle, former Sports Director at WBRC in Birmingham, posted on his FB page that Brian Battie remains on a ventilator. He was told Battie was struck in the head by the bullet. This is the first report I’ve heard of a head wound.

Very sad, senseless and tragic.

Reactions: jjv0004

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Rick Karle, former Sports Director at WBRC in Birmingham, posted on his FB page that Brian Battie remains on a ventilator. He was told Battie was struck in the head by the bullet. This is the first report I’ve heard of a head wound.

Very sad, senseless and tragic.
The Battie brothers are cousins of Sarasota City Commissioner, Kyle Battie.

• Wow
Reactions: CB4 and The Ols

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Seems like this is the most current update on Brian Battie’s condition.

“During the hearing, the court also heard testimony from witnesses that indicated that despite previous word that Brian Battie could move his hands, he may be paralyzed for the rest of his life. However, he's had several surgeries and is still in the ICU as of Friday.”

• Sad
Reactions: TiderJack and Con

Latest threads