Dylan ("Dino") Embry QB Locust Fork, AL

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
I know this kid plays for a small 3A school, but this kind of grit and talent deserves a look. I hope that the staff will give him a chance at potentially earning a preferred walk on spot if he can't garner a scholarship offer. The link below is from week 3 of the season, but updated stats through 4 games are:

1,364 yards rushing and 16 TDs (leading the nation in rushing yards, yes you read that right)
547 yards passing and 4 TDs
1 punt return for a TD

AHSAA News | QB Dylan ‘Dino’ Embry looking like ‘Dynamo’ to Locust Fork Opponents, Fort Payne’s Hughes Kicks Way into Week 3 AHSAA Football Spotlight

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I know this kid plays for a small 3A school, but this kind of grit and talent deserves a look. I hope that the staff will give him a chance at potentially earning a preferred walk on spot if he can't garner a scholarship offer. The link below is from week 3 of the season, but updated stats through 4 games are:

1,364 yards rushing and 16 TDs (leading the nation in rushing yards, yes you read that right)
547 yards passing and 4 TDs
1 punt return for a TD

AHSAA News | QB Dylan ‘Dino’ Embry looking like ‘Dynamo’ to Locust Fork Opponents, Fort Payne’s Hughes Kicks Way into Week 3 AHSAA Football Spotlight
Impressive, but at 5'11" (which is probably an exaggeration) he probably doesn't have a career as a QB at a major college.

Not totally for sure CKD wouldn't recruit another dual threat type QB like we currently have, but his offense is designed around a pure passer, first and foremost.

But if this kid is an explosive athlete, it's not surprise they are using him at QB on the HS level, but he may have a future at another position in college.

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Agreed, he will likely have to change positions to play at the next level. I think he has played some defense, but since making the move to their starter at QB, I think that has stopped...

cdub55

Aug 13, 2024
Great looking young man and he is doing great things. I could see a preferred in his case but in the SEC it is all about measurables. Unless he runs a legit 4.4 and has extreme wiggle, 5'11 will not garner a scholarship unfortunately imo.

AlistarWills

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2006
Agreed, he will likely have to change positions to play at the next level. I think he has played some defense, but since making the move to their starter at QB, I think that has stopped...
He’s played QB and defense his entire career. Listed as MLB also. His HS was 2A last year, got reclassed to 3A this year. His Hudl profile has some heavy lift numbers and he lists a 4.5/40.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads