High school freshman QB signs NIL deal. (Article)

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
This is more about how beyond stupid card collecting has become in recent years.

Now it's all about opening packs to try and find limited variants and autographed 'Chase' cards and all of the regular or 'Base' Cards are now virtually worthless.

This is just taking it to the next level of outrageous by having the limited card signed by a kid who's never even started a game in HS because speculation is that he might be good one day.

But I have no doubt there is a market for it.

CrimsonBloodn62

1st Team
Feb 1, 2002
Tuscumbia, AL
This is more about how beyond stupid card collecting has become in recent years.

Now it's all about opening packs to try and find limited variants and autographed 'Chase' cards and all of the regular or 'Base' Cards are now virtually worthless.

This is just taking it to the next level of outrageous by having the limited card signed by a kid who's never even started a game in HS because speculation is that he might be good one day.

The last card show I went to, most of the vendor tables had boxes of thousands of base cards selling for $1.00 each. There are so many of them that it would take you hours just sorting through them.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
This kid hasn't even started a game yet. He just graduated 8th grade.

This isn't going to get any better.

Reactions: Krymsonman

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I agree this is silly. But I'm not sure how you stop it or that you should.
All these kids see is the money, and understandably so. Most adults can't handle having a lot of money so why would we expect kids to? This is going to end up hurting more kids than it helps. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling I won't be.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Didn't realize the article is about the kid in our area. Lol! He transferred from another local private school because he wasn't promised the starting job. True story.
" .....because he wasn`t promised the starting job." Kid`s really being taught those important life lessons already! I`ll bet his parents will be a piece of work to deal with for some coach.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
There is a HS kid in our area who has an NIL deal. Quarterback for a private school. Trickle down is here.
Lot of money will be thrown around on kids because it's now the accepted WOKE thing to do. They never heard of letting performance speak for them. I don't care if they are the son of a NFL or NBA star.
My motto would be... SHOW ME...

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Considering most schools have abandoned teaching cursive handwriting, card collectors can pay big bucks for a card by a kid who printed his name on it...

My son doesn't even know what cursive is...

Latest threads