Video: Kane Wommack on the Defense

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Top income
Top program
Top facilities
He's already reached the top! Where else wouid he go?
He's a well paid assistant for sure, and it's enough $ now that done right sets a person up for life, but he's at $2M a year(ish) and the average salary for an SEC head coach is over $7.5M a year. Get a 3 or 4 year contract with a buyout clause and that is family/generational wealth even if you suck and get fired. That's a lot of reasons to take a call if someone is offering.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
He's a well paid assistant for sure, and it's enough $ now that done right sets a person up for life, but he's at $2M a year(ish) and the average salary for an SEC head coach is over $7.5M a year. Get a 3 or 4 year contract with a buyout clause and that is family/generational wealth even if you suck and get fired. That's a lot of reasons to take a call if someone is offering.
I was quoting the comment about CKD maybe not hanging long. But you're right about Wommack.

Reactions: gtgilbert

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I have a feeling we're not going to have Wommack for long. He's an impressive coach.
I have a feeling that the vultures are coming for both Shepard and Wommack soon. However, this staff is very close nit and far less egotistical compared to the staffs in the last 5 years. So it could be more specific jobs than just jumping on the first decent one to get a HC going

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
It would probably take a major HC job for him to leave. The guy left a HC job to take this job.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I have a feeling that the vultures are coming for both Shepard and Wommack soon. However, this staff is very close nit and far less egotistical compared to the staffs in the last 5 years. So it could be more specific jobs than just jumping on the first decent one to get a HC going
All of this is true, plus the work environment is far more pleasant.

The HC has very little ego, relatively speaking.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I have a feeling CKD is more fun to work for than CNS. ;)

Our Coordinators may stick around longer if the team is winning and in the hunt for a NC every year.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads