MANCHESTER CITY - NEWS, TRANSFERS & LEGAL ACTIONS

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
So, we are barely in the off season with players gearing up for the Euros or Concacaf with a few like Erling Harland spending time on the beach.

KDB might not be a Citizen come the start of the 24-25 season as he is being heavily courted by the Saudie League. I would certainly miss him in the light blue of City. Ederson is another sought by the Saudi League although I don't know why he would consider leaving City at this time because 30 is very young for a goalie.

Rumor control has it that the EPL and Man City are in secrety negotiations to settle the 115 charges case. A few months back I mentioned this could happen. I was more convinced than ever when BBC News announced over the weekend agreement for a 10 billion pound investment in the UK by the government of Abu Dhabi. Coincidentally (nod, nod, wink, wink) Sheikh Mansour, owner of Man City, is a member of the royal family of Abu Dhabi although not a member of the government.

Not sure how accurate that is bearing in mind the news today that City are suing the EPL for racism and restriction of trade. This all comes from the fact that City, Newcastle, and now Chelsea have ownership/funding from the Middle East with recent EPL laws passed aimed directly at these teams to restrict their earnings through sponsorship deals, etc. No clubs owned by non-Middle East based ownership seem to have been targeted. While Chelsea has American principals their funding is primarily from Saudi sources.

HighlandOak

Suspended
Mar 8, 2023
I think you're overreacting to the KDB-Saudi rumors. Everything I've seen online is referencing 25-when his current contract is up.

Ederson, on the other hand, I could see handing in a transfer request this summer to chase the Saudi money. And, with Ortega on the first team, I would be OK with letting him go.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
It appears that KDB will be staying at City this season. Don't know if he plans to sign an extension or not. He only just turned 33 and as evidenced from the last few months of last season, he is still doing well.

HighlandOak

Suspended
Mar 8, 2023
I can see him cashing out with a final 2 years in the Saudi League after his City contract is up. He could double, or even triple, what he's making at City this season over in Saudi Arabia.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
City won the Community Shield on penalties. It was not a great game with many first teamers missing, particularly from City. United scored first and Bernardo equalized on 89 minutes. No overtime so it went straight to penalties. Bernardo did a lackluster penalty kick that was easily saved by Onana. From then on the penalties were made except for Sancho's which was brilliantly saved by Ederson. Penalties were made until Evans of United skied his kick over the goal. Akanji then made his penalty which won the game for City. If you remember Akanji missed his penalty for Switzerland against England in the Euros.

Reactions: HighlandOak

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Transfers - Alvarez will sign for Athletico Madrid 8/12. Phillips is being sought by Everton, Ipswich and Fulham with Everton seemingly the most interested. I don't know what went wrong with Phillips at the Etihad and I hope he gets a new lease on tife at one of these clubs. I'm thinking he would prefer Everton with it being located in the north.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Phillips ended up going out on loan to Ipswich. Good luck to him.

Bad news for City with Oscar Bobb sustaining a broken bone in his leg. Hopefully it is the fibula, the smaller bone in the lower leg which is generally a shorter time to heal. He is estimated to be out about 3 months. Good luck to him as he was in fantastic form for so early in the season.

City played quite well in a not so entertaining game at Chelsea on Sunday on Peacock. City ended up winning 0 - 2 with goals from Haaland and Kovacic the former Chelsea player.

Reactions: HighlandOak

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Not sure if this can be described as rumor control but it seems Gundo (Ilkay Gundogan) and the young players at Barcelona have fallen out as Gundo criticized them for being unprofessional. Some possibility of Gundo coming back to the Etihad with maybe Cancelo going in the opposite direction. This would kill two birds with one stone. Getting rid of Cancelo and Gundo returning to the Etihad as cover for Rodri.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads