Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread - Bama vs. USF...

Status
Not open for further replies.

irvingtontide

1st Team
Sep 5, 2019
The book is out on how to stop Milroe from passing and it's bring pressure. He can't process it fast enough. The constant trying to hit the big pass when other receivers are open in the middle has gotten old. That's all he wants to do is throw the deep ball. Going by today UGA, Texas and Tenn would blow us out of the stadium.
The milroe crowd is going to tout his 4 tds and tells us how great he is all week again tho.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
The book is out on how to stop Milroe from passing and it's bring pressure. He can't process it fast enough. The constant trying to hit the big pass when other receivers are open in the middle has gotten old. That's all he wants to do is throw the deep ball. Going by today UGA, Texas and Tenn would blow us out of the stadium.
Pretty much last year too. And started some in 2022 with Young. It's like they think, OK we've nothing to lose, we'll just blitz heavy and rattle the QB. They've got to find a way to stop it.

Reactions: AWRTR

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
The OL definitely struggled tonight, but Milroe is still Milroe. There’s a lot of good in that statement, but I think we’ve hit his ceiling. More competent QBs would have made USF pay for their relentless blitzing. Maybe it’s time to rip the band-aid off the QB position.
If didn’t happen tonight (and it didn’t) it’s never gonna happen.

I’ve given up.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Some of us needs to go back and watch the tapes: Few things I noticed tonight:

1. They blitzed us on 3rd downs so much, and the they brought on more than what OL could handle. This happened way too much tonight. What I don't understand why the Offense didn't make adjustments by calling for screen passes/ quick passes playcalls in that situation?

2. Fromby struggled tonight. I don't have the numbers, but I believe he was beaten all night long and that created more issues for Jalen and the RBs.

3. I don't think tonight was necessarily on Jalen. It's hard to make the plays when the protections break down so fast. There was some decisions he made tonight I wish he could taken back though. on the option plays.. 90 percent of the time he pulls the ball. out of 90 percents... he should've given the ball to RB maybe 60 percent of the time tonight.

The playcalling by OC wasn't very good tonight.

4. I'm not worried about Defense, but some of the playcall was little too conservative. Lot of zone defense to help out the young CBs. Red Morgan has got to get better quick.

5. Pritchett in place of Fromby was way better tonight and he played hurt.

I think we'll be fine.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
When Bo Nix was at Auburn, their fans referred to him as “Good Bo” or “Bad Bo”. One minute you’re screaming “what are you doing?”, then the next minute you’re saying “wow how did he do that?”.
I think it is a similar situation with Milroe now for DeBoer. He recognizes Milroe can make plays. He also realizes Milroe can “take away” as much as he “contributes“. But the problem is that Nix was a better fundamental QB than Milroe, even during his Auburn days. And he got better at Oregon.
Unfortunately, we saw many of the same things last year with JM. Pressure in the pocket makes him as nervous as long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs. One sack he kept retreating and lost 15 yards. Not looking downfield, not throwing it away.
DeBoer is between the proverbial “devil and the deep blue sea”.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
Another question: What are QB supposed to do when USF sends so many people blitzing? It overwhelms OL and QB. I don't think TY simpson would've done well tonight. Tonight was on OC/DC play calling, and Fromy.
Teams deal with this all the time. Unfortunately, Milroe can’t process what’s going on fast enough to make teams pay for those blitzes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads