Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread - Bama vs. USF...

Status
Not open for further replies.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
When Bo Nix was at Auburn, their fans referred to him as “Good Bo” or “Bad Bo”. One minute you’re screaming “what are you doing?”, then the next minute you’re saying “wow how did he do that?”.
I think it is a similar situation with Milroe now for DeBoer. He recognizes Milroe can make plays. He also realizes Milroe can “take away” as much as he “contributes“. But the problem is that Nix was a better fundamental QB than Milroe, even during his Auburn days. And he got better at Oregon.
Unfortunately, we saw many of the same things last year with JM. Pressure in the pocket makes him as nervous as long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs. One sack he kept retreating and lost 15 yards. Not looking downfield, not throwing it away.
DeBoer is between the proverbial “devil and the deep blue sea”.
The only play that got me hot by Milroe was when he forced one to Hollywood when Benard was wide open 20 yards down field with no one around him. Homerun balls are some of the most spectacular plays when you hit them but when you don’t it’s the most frustrating plays because it usually has a much safer alternate route that would have been a huge play on it’s own. It’s really a “darn if you do and darn if you don’t” thing

Reactions: CB4

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The only play that got me hot by Milroe was when he forced one to Hollywood when Benson was wide open 20 yards down field with no one around him. Homerun balls are some of the most spectacular plays when you hit them but when you don’t it’s the most frustrating plays because it usually has a much safer alternate route that would have been a huge play on it’s own. It’s really a “darn if you do and darn if you don’t” thing

He threw at least 7 hero bombs and missed all of them. He cannot recognize presnap pressure and make an adjustment. Other teams have to deal with blitzes so how do they do it? The blitz just completely immobilizes JM. I've yet to see him hit a quick route when a blitz is coming.

CrimsonBloodn62

1st Team
Feb 1, 2002
Tuscumbia, AL
He threw at least 7 hero bombs and missed all of them. He cannot recognize presnap pressure and make an adjustment. Other teams have to deal with blitzes so how do they do it? The blitz just completely immobilizes JM. I've yet to see him hit a quick route when a blitz is coming.
As it stands now, Jalen is on pace to have fewer passing yards than what he had last year. The schedule is only going to get harder from here on out.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
The milroe crowd is going to tout his 4 tds and tells us how great he is all week again tho.
Jalen Milroe still does not know how to play quarterback. He knows how to run and knows how to throw deep, but that’s it. Any of our recent QBs (Tua, Mac, Bryce) would have carved up these guys against the blitz. I am tired of seeing this feast or famine crap.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
All things considered, Jalen did good. That blitzing pressure was brutal. I'll be glad when the OL gets back to normal.
Based on what? He constantly makes the wrong read and has no feel for pressure. The snap from Brailsford near the goal-line was perfect, and it went right through his hands. Why are people so enamored with him?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Another question: What are QB supposed to do when USF sends so many people blitzing? It overwhelms OL and QB. I don't think TY simpson would've done well tonight. Tonight was on OC/DC play calling, and Fromy.

to start, USF has the 69th rated team talent, Bama has the best talent according to 247. Talent won it in the 4th qtr. secondly, the QB has to recognize where the blitz is coming from, and shift protection accordingly . thirdly, the QB has to read 5he blitz and make sure we are in a good play for it, have a hot route, a quick play , a rolling pocket, something. The coaches have to HAVE TO ensure we have the right personnel on the field , and the right play options to counter all out blitzes. It made no sense to go four wide when the a oline was struggling.
BTW, Justice Haynes did a good job up picking up blitzers, there just needed to be 3 of him .

irvingtontide

1st Team
Sep 5, 2019
Based on what? He constantly makes the wrong read and has no feel for pressure. The snap from Brailsford near the goal-line was perfect, and it went right through his hands. Why are people so enamored with him?
Teams repeatedly blitzing isn’t exactly the excuse everyone is making it out to be. Bringing extra rushers means they leave their DBs on an islands all night. Not only that they rushed from the LB position it seemed most of the time. So basically the middle of the field was begging for a slant play in the voided spot of the LB. It doesn’t even have to be to the middle either. If they are showing blitz and the db takes inside leverage to take the slant away you can always run a quick out route. If you throw it on the break the db can’t stop it because he has the wrong leverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads