The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly…. Commodore style:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
having to round up players after getting our tails whipped.
Gap integrity 0-for-an entire game and why should it be any different going 0-for-postgame too.

Reactions: SkullDuckery

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Good- nothing
Bad- defense was awful and couldn’t make a stop
Ugly- DeBoer looked confused and lost on the sideline. Zero adjustments just like second half of Georgia.

Reactions: B1GTide and TD7

arthurdawg

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 11, 2024
Bad - OL and DL play. We aren't controlling the lines of scrimmage right now and that just destroys everything else you are trying to do. I'm particularly unimpressed with the interior play on both sides. We not only don't get a push, but are often pushed back. This makes it so much harder for the linebackers (who aren't impressing either) and then we can't get pressure, which makes it much harder on our young patchwork secondary. I know we aren't a RTDB team anymore, but not running the ball is contributing to the inconsistency of our offense. We still tend to score on long pass plays or go three and out frequently, and we never held the ball for long yesterday, which gasses the defense. And that is not good with the defense struggling.

I think our best hope is that we can pull things together and scheme better, as hopefully this will result in some our players heads being screwed on a bit tighter and the coaches will scheme so that both units help the other. We need to regroup and make it to the playoffs at 10-2 and keep our recruiting class strong and not damage our portal prospects. Going crazy and firing coaches is not going to help this late into the season (as I've seen people say Womack should be fired!) and dissension in the ranks of the program will only hurt us for the future. I felt we'd have a bad loss sometime this season and didn't think we'd get past Georgia, but here it is. Vandy isn't a great team, but they run a system nobody sees anymore, and we aren't tooled to defend it, and damn me if Diego Pavia ain't a baller of QB, love that guy and his mojo!

Roll Tide.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
Good: The game is limited to 60 minutes, so Vandy had to stop rolling over the defense at some point.

Bad: Obviously did not prepare and come ready to play.

Ugly: Lack of effort across the board.
You know it’s bad when you give up on your time outs for fear of it being 47-35.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Nothing was more disappointing than to hear these words uttered by Coach DeBoer:

“I thought we had a good week of practice..”

Same opening statement Mack Brown made a couple weeks ago after getting drubbed by James Madison and giving up 70 points.

At least Trent Dilfer at UAB was point blank honest after Tulane laid 71 points on them. He used words like “embarrassing” and “humiliating” at the same time recognizing his failure as a coach and the failure of the coaching staff. The blame falls squarely on him.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Saban lost to UAB and ULM with the #1 team in the country? I had no idea!
Postgame presser:

"Thought guys practiced well this week"
"Have a few things to work on this week"
"tip of hat to them got themselves into manageable 3rd downs"
"Continued to wear on our defense when we were out there so long"
"felt like would be in good spot at end and have good amount of time for us and it was a matter of getting the ball back"
"Maybe we should have onside kick but i felt good about kicking it and I still do now"
"win as a team; lose as a team. communication issue [on two #2's] that kept their drive alive"
I guess 3rd and 7 was manageable vs Bama’s defense.

• Thank You
Reactions: CB4

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads