Trump deeds and misdeeds VII

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He specifically refers to the girl having lost her leg, with enough trademark double speak to deny it was a reference to her attack.
the riff at his rally was obviously sparked by the report of multiple shark attacks in the news.
Just watched the video, had only read the article. You are right he did mention the girl getting her leg bit off although it was somewhat vague.

As for his comments…

First he made fun of the shark experts to make it sound like they were some kind of PETA whacko. I saw a guy on TV today saying the shark thought she was food or prey. He was trying to reassure people that you are highly unlikely to get bit by a shark at the beach, especially if you are only waist deep like these girls were.

And saying you will get electrocuted on a sinking ship? I’m no expert, but if the boat has sunk to the point it is below water, it would be time to abandon ship. And doesn’t some water get onto the engine during normal operation?

Trump jumped the shark a long time ago.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Just watched the video, had only read the article. You are right he did mention the girl getting her leg bit off although it was somewhat vague.

As for his comments…

First he made fun of the shark experts to make it sound like they were some kind of PETA whacko. I saw a guy on TV today saying the shark thought she was food or prey. He was trying to reassure people that you are highly unlikely to get bit by a shark at the beach, especially if you are only waist deep like these girls were.

And saying you will get electrocuted on a sinking ship? I’m no expert, but if the boat has sunk to the point it is below water, it would be time to abandon ship. And doesn’t some water get onto the engine during normal operation?

Trump jumped the shark a long time ago.
He saw a God awful story in the news and dismissed the family’s grief, and used the story as a springboard to go after electric power, one of his go to talking points.

If I get any feedback from the victim from her classmate, my sister’s grandchild, how she feels about being a joke at a Trump rally, I’ll pass it along.

This girl lost her hand and a leg in an attack and a few days later he showed her every bit the compassion he showed John McCain, or anybody else.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The girl is from Mountain Brook. I read an article the other day about a Trump fundraiser at a home in Mountain Brook. Donnie Jr was there with some woman who used to sleep with Gavin Newsome and raised over a million dollars.

I wonder if anyone there knows the shark victims’ families.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The girl is from Mountain Brook. I read an article the other day about a Trump fundraiser at a home in Mountain Brook. Donnie Jr was there with some woman who used to sleep with Gavin Newsome and raised over a million dollars.

I wonder if anyone there knows the shark victims’ families.
The girl bitten is from Mountain Brook, I imagine some at the fundraiser had children who were classmates of the girl that was attacked. Mountain Brook is almost like a small village in Birmingham.
I wish the bunch that donated the money would ask for it back to be better spent helping shark attack victims.

Reactions: Huckleberry

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Trump and his supporters look at the convictions as freakish and partisan, and suppose that they can be undone, perhaps by the Supreme Court, which both Trump and Speaker Mike Johnson are asking to step in. But the supposition is fanciful. The convictions are indelible, and their consequences will be enduring. The odds of Trump’s walking away and again being a fully free man are remote.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The judge dismisses Trump's documents case.

Judge dismisses Trump’s Mar-a-Lago classified docs criminal case - POLITICO

We've all heard about the Friday afternoon news dump, when a controversial decision is released between news cycles to limit the immediate negative feedback from the public...

Judge Cannon times this release and makes this public when Trump was just shot, expecting to announce a running mate, and at the start of the GOP convention.

Smith can appeal.

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
Smith's incompetence and lack of character is well documented. I simply can NOT, for the life of me, figure out why Garland tapped him for this case in the first place. This is on Garland, whether he admits it or not.

• Thank You
  • Emphasis!
Reactions: UAH and Tidelines

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Smith's incompetence and lack of character is well documented. I simply can NOT, for the life of me, figure out why Garland tapped him for this case in the first place. This is on Garland, whether he admits it or not.
Smith's alleged failings are not at issue in the ruling. Instead, it is establishing the Rule of LOL with regard to Trump. Cannon ignored decades of precedence and instead based a ruling on some musings that Clarence Thomas worked into his concurrence in the immunity case.

So what is basically an open and shut case gets tossed because of the most corrupt person to ever sit on the Supreme Court.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads