JessN: USF @ Alabama Game Preview: No Bull -- USF is Getting Better

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
South Florida preview: No Bull — USF is getting better
by Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief

South Florida holds the unique distinction of being the only team to make a repeat appearance on Alabama’s 2024 schedule that didn’t have to face QB Jalen Milroe in 2023.

Alabama’s listless 17-3 victory over South Florida in terrible weather in Tampa last year served one very important purpose: It set the quarterback depth chart, because Tyler Buchner’s flaws were exposed in that game and Ty Simpson, although he improved over the course of the game (and used that game to sort of launch his season at large), showed that Bama’s coaches had initially gotten things right when they selected Milroe as the starter.

CONTINUE READING

Last edited by a moderator:

bullsfan426

Suspended
Sep 1, 2024
Only one minor notation for your records-Hawthorne came from Florida Atlantic, not Central Florida.

Can't really argue with the rest except for the fact that we have significantly more experience on the roster with a bunch of 5th and 6th-year seniors. The trench matchups will decide everything. If Todd Orlando figures out some crazy pressure packages again it could get interesting there. Losing Shuler is a big blow of course.

• Thank You
Reactions: Tidewater

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I don't expect this game to be 63-0 but I don't expect it to be very close either. This team is more talented and to be honest, better coached on the offensive side of the ball. I can't say if the defense is better because our defense last season was salty. But I can say with certainty our offense this year is more skilled and more prepared than last year.

50-14 BAMA

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I don't expect this game to be 63-0 but I don't expect it to be very close either. This team is more talented and to be honest, better coached on the offensive side of the ball. I can't say if the defense is better because our defense last season was salty. But I can say with certainty our offense this year is more skilled and more prepared than last year.

50-14 BAMA
I agree with Buzz plus he saved me typing time.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Thanks, Jess. Spot on as always. Looking forward to seeing this one. Looks like it will be another nice night in T-Town. Please don't let it be close. I don't believe it will be. Roll Tide!

Reactions: Rush

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Wasn't it number zero last year on defense for them that was just killing us? I looked at their roster and he appeared to be gone cause the zeros didn't play his position. I was glad to see he was gone. I attended last year's game and he wrecked us time and time again.

Hoping this game is nothing like the game from last year. I'm still sad that was the last Saban bama game I saw in person.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
South Florida preview: No Bull — USF is getting better
by Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief

South Florida holds the unique distinction of being the only team to make a repeat appearance on Alabama’s 2024 schedule that didn’t have to face QB Jalen Milroe in 2023.

Alabama’s listless 17-3 victory over South Florida in terrible weather in Tampa last year served one very important purpose: It set the quarterback depth chart, because Tyler Buchner’s flaws were exposed in that game and Ty Simpson, although he improved over the course of the game (and used that game to sort of launch his season at large), showed that Bama’s coaches had initially gotten things right when they selected Milroe as the starter.

CONTINUE READING

Inter alia, the use of "listless" here is, as befits Jess, masterful...

I shall not soon forget the layers - lasting layers - of discomfort the team's performance, or lack thereof, that miserable day engendered in me...

Or, to put it another way, it opened my eyes to some stunning realities with the team at the time that I would much rather not have known...

RTR

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
With our new high octane type offense I & I loveeeeee our new "Swarm Defense" as well, it wouldn't surprise me if we're up 50 at the half..

This could be a reallyyyyy special year for Alabama Football & the Georgia game will let us know just how great of an Alabama team this will be..

For the record Alabama I honestly think we go undefeated & win the NC in Coach Deboer's first year as our HC..

The 1st of many for Coach Deboer as our HC..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads