What I see as the biggest defensive problem

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Downs was pretty unimpressive in the Oregon game. He didn’t look anything like a top 10 pick in the 2026 draft, as he was talked about while at AL.
I haven't been keeping up so I didn't know what type of year he was having. I know in one of the early season games he had a pretty bad game.

@B1GTide What type of year is Downs having? It seems he's not having the impact many thought he would. But to be fair, I don't watch many tOSU games so I don't know.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I haven't been keeping up so I didn't know what type of year he was having. I know in one of the early season games he had a pretty bad game.

@B1GTide What type of year is Downs having? It seems he's not having the impact many thought he would. But to be fair, I don't watch many tOSU games so I don't know.
Downs is playing very well.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
A physical safety would do wonders in run support. That's what we needed against Vandy. We stop one or two of those runs and we win
We needed a DL that could plug gaps and LBs that could tackle. No single player in the secondary would have helped us win this game. If you want to make the argument that Downs might stop the TD pass on 4th and short, that‘s different.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
If you dont think you can teach and execute man assignment football in one week, the only thing left to do is play Vandy the same way USF played us manning every gap on every play we would have won going away.

We did not make Pavia get the ball out his hands and that was the mistake that we and Kentucky made.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads