You can't take over a Nick Saban team and lose to Vanderbilt

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
I agree that some people are not handling this well. I am okay with the venting. It is harmless.

Tomorrow it will be time to turn the page and start thinking about the next game. Hopefully they can do that. It might be healthy to vent, but it is also healthy to let it go and move on.
It's harmless in a vacuum, but it's not. What we see, the $$ voices also see, and it's no way they're going to be okay with being beat up and dragged up and down the field 4 yards at a time by Vandy.

It's one thing if it were just one game, but these long drives have become the norm and the run defense is certainly an issue.

I'm actually a fan of this staff for sure, but I will never fall for the idea that the roster on defense can't adapt to what's needed, especially in the front 7, especially against the run or pressuring the QB. I'm incredibly frustrated that he didn't adapt against the 10 plays that Vandy ran the whole game, but of course he has the chance to turn it all around and there's no excuse not to.

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
I will say this: This is not a team laden with Saban recruits. Need people be reminded about all the recruits that left in the portal and the staff having to scramble to get players thru the portal? That ,in no way, diminishes this loss, though.

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
We were unsound a lot defensively last night. I will rewatch tonight when I get over myself. But it appeared on several plays we were outnumbered and every trick play the ran they converted.

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
I hope the DC calls CNS in to share with him how to handle QB option, shovel passes, and obvious sprint out situations on 3rd in long with a 5’10 QB. SMH

Coach D

3rd Team
Apr 27, 2023
But I have to ask, was it indeed bad coaching or was it the team not taking Vandy seriously? I'm not arguing because you may be totally right.

I suspect that's why they struggled against USF, as well, because they had the Georgia game on their minds.
The defensive scheme is bad. No adjustment makes this d staff atrocious at this point. The d didn’t even try to throw the many wrinkles or pressures which is crazy the way the game went with them being dominated. The scheme has not worked that’s on coaches. If they don’t have the right type of player for what they want to do then don’t force it and the coaches should adjust to who we have. Then add in some bad play from players that don’t help but it’s pretty much all on coaches at this point.

Note—- I’m not saying a 4-2 is bad wheni day scheme just the way we have done it and coached it and lack of imagination with attacking is bad.

Last edited:

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I am generally a sunshine pumper, but based on what I have seen I wouldn't be surprised if we lose 3-4 more games this year. The defense has trouble stopping a sneeze and at key moments plays with the intensity of a snail. The offense plays great at times but is inconsistent. I am not sold on either of our coordinators. Maybe, DeBoer is a football genius. I guess we have to wait and see. I believe So. Carolina, Mizzou, Tenn, LSU, Okie, and even the Barn are better than Vanderbilt.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It's human nature to complain. Bama just lost to Vanderbilt. Complaining about Bama losing to Vandy should not surprise anyone.
It's not those complaining - I get that. It's those who are already writing off this season, the staff, etc.

It's an over-reaction to a bad day on the field. This team literally has every championship goal that had before game one still available to them.

Reactions: Con

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads