Helmet communicators / two-minute warning may be coming in 2024

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Don’t like the 2 minute warning. The helmet comms is needed. It may slow some stuff down if you think about it. No more signaling from the sideline and everyone gets the play at once.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
we certainly need a two minute warning. Need to make sure we get in a few more commercials before half and at the end of the game.
Think about this for a second though: We changed the clock rules to “speed up play” last year because games were getting too long. Then the geniuses decide to add a two minute warning time out (basically so they can get another 3-5 minutes of commercial time during the game).
So shorten actual play, but add another TO each half.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
we certainly need a two minute warning. Need to make sure we get in a few more commercials before half and at the end of the game.
Think about this for a second though: We changed the clock rules to “speed up play” last year because games were getting too long. Then the geniuses decide to add a two minute warning time out (basically so they can get another 3-5 minutes of commercial time during the game).
Yes and very annoying. Cause they run the same 10 commercials all game every game. And if you happen to be watching online you’ll want to do bodily harm to the Burger King jingle guy before the game ends.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I like the helmet communicators but am not in favor of the 2-minute warning.

I'm also curious -- would all players' helmets be equipped with the speakers, or is it only the QB? Never mind on this -- it's one player. Presumably the QB, but not necessarily.

And what's the over/under on how long before some team hacks into the opponent's communications? No blue font.

Alogan1983

Suspended
Feb 12, 2024
The helmet communication stops at 15 seconds left on the play clock, in the NFL.

But you know what the NFL does so that it doesn't have this sign stealing stuff? They huddle! Like teams used to. Imagine that. Anyways, every step taken and every rule change just makes CFB more like the NFL.

NFL players may even get jealous...there's no salary cap or player contracts in CFB. You can take whatever someone wants to pay you, skip town and get paid somewhere else, too, theoretically.

TENNTIDE1

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Bartlett, Tn. U.S.A.
I absolutely detest the 2-minute warning in pro football. There are 30 staff members on the sideline and none of them know the game clock situation and need a two-minute warning to alert the teams of how much time is left in the game? Never needed one before, just give each team an extra 30 second timeout. The college game already lasts much longer than a pro game. Serves no purpose other than network $$$$$.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It's time for someone to suggest we adopt the NFL Rules.
It looks like that's the direction College Football is going...

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
I think the two minute warning is very important because it reminds everyone involved that there are exactly two minutes left. Unless the previous play ran the clock below two minutes. Then, it reminds everyone involved there is one minute and fifty something seconds left, but “one minute fifty something second warning” doesn’t exactly roll of the tongue.

Alogan1983

Suspended
Feb 12, 2024
I mean there is no minor league or developmental league for football. So college is the minor league. Especially now

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
The college football I've loved is gone.

The people in charge, the ones making these decisions, don't care about the customer base at all. They just figure people will keep pumping money into whatever product they decide on.

I hate what college football has become.

We're gonna have 2 years of 12 teams in a playoff. Then 14 teams. Rule changes to speed up the game, then rule changes to slow it down at 2 minutes.

It's all ridiculous.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.