Helmet communicators / two-minute warning may be coming in 2024

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
Don’t like the 2 minute warning. The helmet comms is needed. It may slow some stuff down if you think about it. No more signaling from the sideline and everyone gets the play at once.
The helmet communication doesn't exclude signals from sideline, it just allows direct communication from the sideline to the QB live in the game. You don't have to call timeout or look for prolonged breaks (injury) to talk to the QB.
I wonder if they will allow one of the defensive players to wear one

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
we certainly need a two minute warning. Need to make sure we get in a few more commercials before half and at the end of the game.
Think about this for a second though: We changed the clock rules to “speed up play” last year because games were getting too long. Then the geniuses decide to add a two minute warning time out (basically so they can get another 3-5 minutes of commercial time during the game).
So shorten actual play, but add another TO each half.
There is nothing they do any longer that is in the interest of protecting the game. They protect the money, which is why the game is going away. It seems that someone around here has been saying that for years! ;) Roll Tide!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Both good changes. Literally no reason to not like these proposed changes.
That is opinion, which is fine because we all have them. I don't like the two minute warning and think it is completely unnecessary. That is an NFL rule, and college has never needed it. Again, this is just my opinion. I don't have a big problem with the helmet communicator, but I certainly don't think it is necessary. They can still bring plays in and huddle if they are worried about teams stealing signals. Again, though, these are just my opinions.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.