Landon Dickerson Highest Paid Guard in NFL History

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
NFL no longer cares about runningbacks
Used to be if you averaged 4+ yards per carry you were golden. Now guys averaging nearly 4.5 are being dropped. Given the quant nature of today's sports world I'm sure there is some moneyball analytical support for doing this but it makes me long for the era of the great RBs in the NFL. Great RBs are like artists on the field.

Reactions: B1GTide

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Used to be if you averaged 4+ yards per carry you were golden. Now guys averaging nearly 4.5 are being dropped. Given the quant nature of today's sports world I'm sure there is some moneyball analytical support for doing this but it makes me long for the era of the great RBs in the NFL. Great RBs are like artists on the field.
Unless you're a total freak of nature like Derrick Henry, a RB is now as much a receiver out of the backfield as they are a RB anymore.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Unless you're a total freak of nature like Derrick Henry, a RB is now as much a receiver out of the backfield as they are a RB anymore.
And we'll be running an offense thats shows why the NFL RB has morphed into that. Our RB's will be expected to do a lot of what wr's do. We'll run the ball no doubt, but it'll also be balanced with a lot of throws to the RBs.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
And we'll be running an offense thats shows why the NFL RB has morphed into that. Our RB's will be expected to do a lot of what wr's do. We'll run the ball no doubt, but it'll also be balanced with a lot of throws to the RBs.
As many have said for years, screen passes to a RB often work as basically a long handoff anyways.

I really like seeing RB catch the ball out of the backfield...just one more thing for a defense to have to focus on.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
As many have said for years, screen passes to a RB often work as basically a long handoff anyways.

I really like seeing RB catch the ball out of the backfield...just one more thing for a defense to have to focus on.
Last year, Washington's pass/run ratio was about 50/50. They ran the ball more than one would think.

Reactions: Con

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
When he transferred to Alabama there were a lot of voices saying he was a bust. I didn't know who he was but a little reading suggested injuries was the only reason he was not playing. He comes to Bama, becomes a star. Then when it's time for the draft I start hearing the same stuff, he's no good, he's a bust. He goes on to be a star. I don't get why some players with nothing but excellence on film get run down by the prognosticators. He's huge, strong, mean, a great teammate, never quits. what was there not to like?

Reactions: Bama1971Stan!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
When he transferred to Alabama there were a lot of voices saying he was a bust. I didn't know who he was but a little reading suggested injuries was the only reason he was not playing. He comes to Bama, becomes a star. Then when it's time for the draft I start hearing the same stuff, he's no good, he's a bust. He goes on to be a star. I don't get why some players with nothing but excellence on film get run down by the prognosticators. He's huge, strong, mean, a great teammate, never quits. what was there not to like?
Before the draft that happens with a lot of players. It is lying season right now. For every player in the draft in every year you hear every single negative comment about every player.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Congrats to Landon and all former players who received new contracts. He was a very influential reason why the 2020 team was so successful. I think the players used his house as an off campus training facility during Covid. Man, I loved that team.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Entirely too much money to play a sport. I'll say it until I'm blue in the face. This entire country is screwed up as far as where we spend our money.
This is one thing I actually agree with . But, Not just this country, the entire world. FIFA , F1, Golf, Tennis. Etc.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.