Mac to Jaguars (article)

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I'm not a big Mac Jones fan anymore but apparently that is very controversial.

Still hope he figures it out though. At worst being a backup QB can be a great gig

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
He needed the change, regardless of what the coaches were saying.

Most of the team’s struggles weren’t necessarily his fault, but the way he handled the struggles absolutely was. I think he alienated a lot of the team with his less than stellar behavior during the slide.

He’s got an offensive coach now, so maybe he can get his head back on straight.

I hope the Pats draft Caleb Williams so they can both get destroyed together.

Last edited:

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Congrats to Mac for getting the best job in pro football-backup QB. Carry a clipboard, pat the starting QB on the butt and take home 7 figures. Pray Trever stays healthy for Mac's sake!
Who knows what might happen, but you're right, a few mill a year to watch, no special teams except for an occasional hold. Good work if you can get it.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
He needed the change, regardless of what the coaches were saying.

Most of the team’s weren’t necessarily his fault, but the way he handled the struggles absolutely was. I think he alienated a lot of the team with his less than stellar behavior during the slide.
Agreed. Belicheck's actions were borderline criminal over the last two years, but Mac definitely could have handled it better.

Last edited:

Joefus

1st Team
Jan 3, 2021
Tbh he should’ve been a 3-5 round pick to begin with. I’m glad he got the money and the recognition but getting drafted that early really screwed him.

Reactions: jjv0004

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If he wanted to play, this is a terrible trade. But he gets paid. A while lot. So be it.

Reactions: tideindc

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Tbh he should’ve been a 3-5 round pick to begin with. I’m glad he got the money and the recognition but getting drafted that early really screwed him.
I’m not so sure Mac was over-drafted. He did really well as a rookie, and was in the conversation for Offensive ROY. Then stuff happened — some his fault, some not — and it all fell apart.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I’m not so sure Mac was over-drafted. He did really well as a rookie, and was in the conversation for Offensive ROY. Then stuff happened — some his fault, some not — and it all fell apart.
Mac needs a system and an OC who can put him in a position to succeed. He can't, as a rule, create plays out of thin air.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This is setting up for a delicious bit of irony. While DeVonta Smith clearly deserved the 2020 Heisman Trophy, it was a travesty Trevor what's her face finished ahead of Mac in the vote. Now, he can take her job.

I'm happy he's getting a new start. I hope he makes the most of it.

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015
If he wanted to play, this is a terrible trade. But he gets paid. A while lot. So be it.
I’m shocked everyone here is so happy for Mac. Unless Lawrence gets injured, zero chance for Mac to play. There are plenty of other spots where he’d have gotten that chance.

Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.