Question: What's the most you ever paid for a ticket for a cfb game?

saturdaysarebet

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2018
What's the most you ever paid for a ticket for a cfb game? $280 for a bowl game, $150 for a regular season game. You?

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
$50.00 a piece for the UT game in 2007. GREAT seats. Ive been the beneficiary of a lot of free Bama tickets through connections in T'town.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I’ve never paid more than face value. But like a previous poster, I’ve gotten most of my tickets via connections and family.
Also, I’ve only attended regular season games. I’ve never attended a championship game. I was offered tickets to 1992 Sugar Bowl with Miami and could not attend because my father having bypass surgery the day before.

Reactions: dathbama

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
The last tickets I bought - at a scholarship dinner here 20+ years ago. $425 for a pair of tickets to the 2002 Auburn game. This, however, morphed into brunch at the president's mansion before the game (sat with Richard Todd and Johnny Musso), and sitting in the president's box for the game. I ended up giving away the tickets.

Bill from NYC

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2020
It cost me more than $375 for two tickets to see them play Arkansas last season. We sat around the 50 yard line but WAY upstairs.
That didn't bother me. The Hilton Garden Inn cost me $1,755.00 for 2 nights. That was painful but it was on my bucket list to see the Tide and I will be back!

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
My Rose Bowl tickets this past season were the most expensive I've ever bought. I don't remember the exact price but pretty sure they were a good bit more expensive than the 2009 championship at the Rose Bowl

Reactions: BearFoot

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
$500 for stolen tickets for 2005Bama/LSU

I had season tickets but I thought I had to work in South Georgia that Saturday. We had a group of about 15 that went to every game. Since I couldn’t go, I gave them to family members of someone in our social group. At the last minute, I freed up time to make the game, so we went , and bought scalper tickets outside the stadium. Great seats. Great tailgate . Great time Until the Tuscaloosa PD showed up at our seats before the game started and informed us the tickets were from a home robbery , although we were not suspects, and we didn’t have to leave the stadium, we couldn’t stay in the seats. It was about that time I realized my non drinking wife did 4 shots of green apple vodka with my sister, and could no longer walk.we struggled up the ramp near the South end zone and watched the game from the railing, me holding onto my wife . About the time my wife came out of her stupor, Bama lost to Russell and LSU in overtime.

Reactions: dathbama

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It cost me more than $375 for two tickets to see them play Arkansas last season. We sat around the 50 yard line but WAY upstairs.
That didn't bother me. The Hilton Garden Inn cost me $1,755.00 for 2 nights. That was painful but it was on my bucket list to see the Tide and I will be back!
R
Hotels will get you.

A few years ago I was in Tuscaloosa for a week for work. There was a game on that Saturday. I was staying at a La Quinta so it wasn’t anything fancy.

Anyway, every morning when I turned on my phone I had to log on the hotel WiFi and it took me to a page to make a reservation for that night and it would say a room was $79. On Friday (game the next day) it said a room was $279.

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
Around the 450 mark for New Orleans when we beat Clemson. I think close to that for Jerry's World openers when we played Wisky and USC those two years. Most of the time I travel with a buddy but the USC game in Jerry's World I took the wife. We did a lot of tourist stuff while we were there that I normally don't do since she came. Good memories and worth every penny, she just normally doesn't like the crowds and late nights...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.