Video: WR Coach Sheppard during Spring Practice

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I watched a LOT of what he did with Wash WR's in 2022 when Grubb was in CNS's sight and I was very impressed.

He will have guys running Precise Routes and I mean PRECISE.

The Route Trees are designed to leverage defenders and create pockets of open space for WR's to ATTACK and if one route is covered it leaves another area open on another route.

Coach Shephard teaches WR's to aggressively get to those open areas and Snatch the Ball out of Air and get YAC.

They are constantly making a Safety make a choice and when that happens whether it's choice A or B the defense is cooked because we have a secondary route open off either choice.

I feel like I can confidently say our WR group will collectively look better technique wise as well as mentally than any other recent WR group.

The QB holds the Key to making everything work but we will no longer have to worry about why guys aren't getting open.
And I hear Kobe Prentice and Aeryn Hampton, a freshman, are really good route runners.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think good things are on the horizon with our offense.

Outside of the times we had Kiffen and Sark, I'd say our offensive philosophy (the Bama offense CNS referred to) was simply to out-athlete the opposing defenses with the best receivers we could recruit. When you coupled those great receivers with Kiffin and Sark and some pretty good QBs we saw championship results!

But I feel our whole offensive philosophy is shifting to having better schemes and I think as long as we can continue to recruit great receivers and QBs our offense will go to the next level!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.