Link: 2025 Recruiting Targets

Bamaatthebeach

1st Team
Feb 27, 2019
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
It would seem to me that the Fisher firing is awfully puzzling timewise unless they have another candidate lined up for their head coaching job, but if they don't, won't every single highly rated player in their class begin looking for other possible spots to land? Signing day is six weeks or so away, Some of you guys are very much in the know. Any ideas about this, or are we full for 2024 signees? TIA

Reactions: The Ols

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
It would seem to me that the Fisher firing is awfully puzzling timewise unless they have another candidate lined up for their head coaching job, but if they don't, won't every single highly rated player in their class begin looking for other possible spots to land? Signing day is six weeks or so away, Some of you guys are very much in the know. Any ideas about this, or are we full for 2024 signees? TIA

The guys above had interest in Alabama before they committed to Texas a&m and I believe Bama will circle back to them or has continued to recruit them since their verbal.

Both Bama and aggies are after him, with Jimbo gone, he could swing our way.

Last edited:

Bamaatthebeach

1st Team
Feb 27, 2019
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

The guys above have interest in Alabama before they committed to Texas a&m and I believe Bama will circle back to them or has continued to recruit them since thier verbal.

Both Bama and aggies are after him, with Jimbo gone, he could swing our way.
Thanks!

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Saw we lost Antonio Coleman to that other school. Gonna be a recruiting battle over the next few years methinks.
I read this also. I also read they are trying to flip KJ Lacey from Texas. And of course they are offering tons of money for Ryan Williams. They are focusing on the in state battle for good players. I would really like to know how much money Freeze/Auburn is offering their recruits, especially Ryan Williams. I'd really like to know what Coach Saban's limit is for NIL. I know he does it the right way... just curious what he is willing to offer and how much the limit is.

I wish Ryan Williams would have signed 2 days ago. No telling what Freeze will say/offer between now and Feb. 9 when he is supposed to sign on his birthday. I just do not like Freeze or trust him. He seems to be a phony. If I had a son who wanted to play football with Freeze as his coach, I would not let him. Same for Les Miles and for Ed Orgeron. Those 3 men have major character issues. I have a relative who went to Auburn. She cheers for both Bama and Auburn but she does not like Hugh Freeze at all.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
I don't know the deal with the DT prospects and Alabama. We've had a hard time getting higher rated players at that position. Sure it's an attempt to sway Williams also, but Coleman will be a good one. If they flip Lacey also watch out.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I don't know the deal with the DT prospects and Alabama. We've had a hard time getting higher rated players at that position. Sure it's an attempt to sway Williams also, but Coleman will be a good one. If they flip Lacey also watch out.
Its the 2nd highest paid position in the NIL space. We did sign 5 star James Smith last year fwiw and got an absolute steal on Steve M. This year. But the top DTs are garnering a ton and we aren't even trying to match those numbers for freshmen....its not sustainable and creates a ton of friction that has...thus far....not really paid off for any program except maybe FSU.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Smith will be a good one. Do you think it has any reflection on how good a recruiter Roach is? Or as you say, it's all about NIL money.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I read this also. I also read they are trying to flip KJ Lacey from Texas. And of course they are offering tons of money for Ryan Williams. They are focusing on the in state battle for good players. I would really like to know how much money Freeze/Auburn is offering their recruits, especially Ryan Williams. I'd really like to know what Coach Saban's limit is for NIL. I know he does it the right way... just curious what he is willing to offer and how much the limit is.

I wish Ryan Williams would have signed 2 days ago. No telling what Freeze will say/offer between now and Feb. 9 when he is supposed to sign on his birthday. I just do not like Freeze or trust him. He seems to be a phony. If I had a son who wanted to play football with Freeze as his coach, I would not let him. Same for Les Miles and for Ed Orgeron. Those 3 men have major character issues. I have a relative who went to Auburn. She cheers for both Bama and Auburn but she does not like Hugh Freeze at all.
What/how much Freeze will do/offer to flip Ryan Williams? That would probably be limited only by your imagination.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Smith will be a good one. Do you think it has any reflection on how good a recruiter Roach is? Or as you say, it's all about NIL money.
Roach has been one of our top recruiters. Wiggins and Robinson are probably the two top guys, he's probably right behind them.

But he's not always the lead recruiter on dlinemen, recruiting is usually divided by regions with the position coach as a backup.

Whether uts an NIL thing or not who knows, probably, but that's not always all there is to it. Depth chart may play a factor as well.

Colemans recruitment isn't done yet. So let's see.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
What/how much Freeze will do/offer to flip Ryan Williams? That would probably be limited only by your imagination.
Someone on another board said they offered him a blank check and said fill in what you want it to be. Not sure if true or not, but Freeze will do anything to get Bama's targets in recruiting. Someone needs to go undercover to the Auburn facility and find out what's going on NIL-wise. lol

Reactions: The Ols

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Someone on another board said they offered him a blank check and said fill in what you want it to be. Not sure if true or not, but Freeze will do anything to get Bama's targets in recruiting. Someone needs to go undercover to the Auburn facility and find out what's going on NIL-wise. lol
Are tax records public information?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Well obviously that's not true or he'd already signed with them and cashed a 10 gazillion dollar check.

Latest threads