BREAKING 2024 3* S Rydarrius Morgan Flips to Bama

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
I have wondered what Saban’s strategy is on who to sign. Do you ink 4 or 5 safeties because they are the best players you can get. Do you fill your needs regardless of ratings. Do you just try to have a balanced, well rounded class.Looks to me like one would go a little heavy on linemen.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Weren't we having issues recruiting players from there or that part of the state a few years ago?? Or am i thinking of somewhere else??
I know Nix's little bro went somewhere and they had a good player in '22 sign with the Barn but don't really recall if it has been an issue overall.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I have wondered what Saban’s strategy is on who to sign. Do you ink 4 or 5 safeties because they are the best players you can get. Do you fill your needs regardless of ratings. Do you just try to have a balanced, well rounded class.Looks to me like one would go a little heavy on linemen.
Thing is, we have been recruiting these guys since 10th grade and younger. I am no expert but have surmised some things during the Saban tenure. We are on the dogs first then recruit to need in a given class. By the time they are seniors, we know exactly who we want in the class and hit them hard. No biggie if we whiff on some as there are usually 3-4 guys that we have been recruiting all along at the position that we turn to next. Some guys mature later and we have room for those guys too. It is an advanced metal exercise and the head coach is the one making the late adjustments. At least, thank is how I think it works :D

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I wonder how many S we are going to have in this class. We now have 2 and I think Dre Kirkpatrick Jr is also a S. Plus we have a few others we are recruiting I think?
Dre can play either. He's added a good bit of height over the last year, we need some guys that are willing to wait develop and learn the defense, something im very happy about with this DB class.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.