2024 4* TE Caleb Odom

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We also have Caleb Odom announcing on Saturday so started a thread since I think he will commit to Bama. He plays WR in high school but is projected as a TE in college. Interestingly he is teammates with the #1 overall class of '26 QB Julain Lewis and OL Zykie Helton who committed to us Sunday.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Hmmm, friends with the #1 QB in '26 and with another recent commit...I like these connections!!

Love his size: 6'4" and 220. What are the possibilities he just plays WR at Bama? It's been a while since we had a guy his size play WR (thinking it was Julio). I didn't see anything about his speed or 40 time, but guessing that might be why he's projected to play tight end?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Hmmm, friends with the #1 QB in '26 and with another recent commit...I like these connections!!

Love his size: 6'4" and 220. What are the possibilities he just plays WR at Bama? It's been a while since we had a guy his size play WR (thinking it was Julio). I didn't see anything about his speed or 40 time, but guessing that might be why he's projected to play tight end?
He has good speed but not WR speed. He is projected at TE and will be similar to Amari Niblack on the roster now and the Billingsley who transferred to Texas (hopefully better hands and maturity). We are bringing in 6'3" Perry Thompson that will give us the big receiver, however, our overall WR recruiting in the past 5-6 years is guys that can run over guys with size that can go up and catch the ball.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
He has good speed but not WR speed. He is projected at TE and will be similar to Amari Niblack on the roster now and the Billingsley who transferred to Texas (hopefully better hands and maturity). We are bringing in 6'3" Perry Thompson that will give us the big receiver, however, our overall WR recruiting in the past 5-6 years is guys that can run over guys with size that can go up and catch the ball.
Not really. Julio was the last really physical WR. We have a a lot of speed guys and good route runners. Don’t remember any of them trucking anyone. Maybe Metchie.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Not really. Julio was the last really physical WR. We have a a lot of speed guys and good route runners. Don’t remember any of them trucking anyone. Maybe Metchie.
I see how you misunderstood that badly written sentence. I should have replaced over with instead so it would have said "guys that can run instead of of guys with size that can go up....".

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: Tidelines

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Caleb visited Ole Miss two weekends in a row in early November(official/unofficial) and Lane visited Carrollton last Friday for their playoff game, Lane’s second in person game visit of Caleb. I hear Lane is making Caleb a priority, telling him he can play receiver at Ole Miss. I think he sticks, but Lane is making headway.A3CEC742-0621-4A47-A24D-D823F281BF28.png

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Hands off Lane. Caleb would do well as we now use Niblack.
The story around Odom is reportedly he wants to play receiver at the next level. Not TE. And Kiffin is telling him what he wants to hear. Personally, I think Lane is doing him a disservice because his NFL future is at TE. He needs all the in line blocking experience and nuance of the position that he can get.

Reactions: Tidelines

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Caleb was upgraded to a 5* on On3 and is now the #1 TE nationally. That gives us five 5*'s in the class. Not too shabby with the GOAT retiring and Bama dynasty crumbling.

Odom - TE
Mbkawe - CB
Mincey - CB
Brown - CB
Williams - WR

this upgrade on Odom should silence some Bama fans who complained why we never get any top-ranked TE to Tuscaloosa.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This offense will attract the top offensive players in the country. What Penix and UW did the last two years is weirdly paying dividends for us now by it being displayed on a national stage. If DeBoer, Grubb, and Penix had been at Indiana when we hired him I don't think these top recruits would have blinked an eye at "the offense". But since it was displayed on a national stage it has become a viable recruiting tool. Funny how things workout with timing and all.

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
This offense will attract the top offensive players in the country. What Penix and UW did the last two years is weirdly paying dividends for us now by it being displayed on a national stage. If DeBoer, Grubb, and Penix had been at Indiana when we hired him I don't think these top recruits would have blinked an eye at "the offense". But since it was displayed on a national stage it has become a viable recruiting tool. Funny how things workout with timing and all.
Alabama>Washington>Indianna ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.