A post-ESD look at Bama's 2024 roster

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The portal seems to be the place to get the additional OL and RB positions we need.

Would love to see Stewart transfer in. Add him and Williams next year to this group and it could be special!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Thanks Jess, really appreciate the overview and the work you put into Tidefans. Truly has to be a labor of love.
It was mentioned in a couple of instances where players are approached by other programs in an effort to get them to transfer away from Alabama. That`s yet another area in which the college game has apparently devolved and degraded. It`s a harsh and unpleasant reality, and " the terrain upon which we find ourselves currently deployed". As such, do we do the same thing, or does CNS try to maintain a semblance of " moral high ground" ?

Reactions: Con

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
The offense is going to be fantastic. Just a couple of things to work out on the OL.

The defense however is concerning, depending on who stays or leaves it could look drastically different than this year.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
The offense is going to be fantastic. Just a couple of things to work out on the OL.

The defense however is concerning, depending on who stays or leaves it could look drastically different than this year.
Yes, but those couple of things are huge. Nothing works well if the OL is struggling, as we saw last year at times and earlier this year.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Just on back end and at edge. I expect Lawson to come back so MLB will be very good and DL returns most guys with a lot of depth. Downs is a superstar at safety and Story got a lot of reps and Amos will be one corner and we have some highly rated corners who came in last year as well as this year's class. We will have six returning starters which is about the average for most Bama teams during the Saban era. When you re-load and have CNS on the defensive side I don't get concerned.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
If we can get Domani Jackson out of the Portal, then we are completely set on the back end... :cool:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I feel really good about where we currently set (without Jackson). Getting Jackson would be additional icing on the cake...;)

Reactions: Tidelines

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
I appreciate that everyone is confident with the secondary next year but potentially losing 4 starters is a pretty huge deal at positions where communication and experience are very important.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
I appreciate that everyone is confident with the secondary next year but potentially losing 4 starters is a pretty huge deal at positions where communication and experience are very important.
Agreed however we lost Battle, Hellams, Branch and Khyree Jackson last year and played much better this year. I do think they probably had something to do with Golding leaving and Steele coaching.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.