Dylan Raiola Transferring High Schools

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Its not Bama recruiting related, but it just seems shady to me, especially if Kirby had a hand in his transfer as reported by some

Power move from Georgia's coaching staff to keep its 2024 gem committed and hopes of luring others? Recruiting is a different animal within the SEC, especially when programs are fending off fellow elites for top-shelf talent. It happens every cycle — a top-ranked quarterback commits early and then tries to get as many elite players as he can to join him. Arch Manning did the same during the 2023 cycle as an unwavering Texas commit.
-247 sports

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Can a mod correct that title. I hit a wrong button as I was attempting to type Dylan Raiola transferring to Buford HS

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Can a mod correct that title. I hit a wrong button as I was attempting to type Dylan Raiola transferring to Buford HS
Wow…not breaking any rules I guess…going to the limit for this kid. LeCroy was his hostess on his visit…guessing how that went…(not picking on the deceased)
So Kirby got super bent that we took three of the top 5 (Top 2) kids out of Georgia last year…and they’re studs. Now he’s moving families to combat that.
LOVE to know who’s paying for that move. Who sold/bought their houses…
Kirby’s high dollar tantrum…and it’ll probably work.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Hasn't Bama been super successful recruiting Buford?

I know we've got the QB we want but Kirby moving recruited to Georgia to protect them from Oh. St. doesn't sound real smart in light of our success there, IMO.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Kirby does not developed QB so all this manueving will amount to very little in the end.

Kirby is not even a Dollar General knockoff of Saban. He's a clone of Coach Karen. But I am enjoying this show of Kirby trying to play chess that is recruiting.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I know we've got the QB we want but Kirby moving recruited to Georgia to protect them from Oh. St. doesn't sound real smart in light of our success there, IMO.
Yep and we will continue. Seth McLaughlin, Isiah Bond, Jake Pope and Justice Haynes in the last several years (Justin Fields went to Buford also).

Back to Raiola, he willl now have played for four different high schools in his career. Played in Phoenix, AZ his freshman year, transferred to a school in Ft. Worth his soph year, transferred back to Phoenix and played for a different high school his junior year and now at Buford, GA for senior year. He saw committed to OSU before decomitting and turning his recruitment into a circus. I wonder if he decides to move on from UGA if he does not start immediately and based on his history (or parents) it is most likely. Nothing wrong or illegal moving to Buford.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Wow…not breaking any rules I guess…going to the limit for this kid. LeCroy was his hostess on his visit…guessing how that went…(not picking on the deceased)
So Kirby got super bent that we took three of the top 5 (Top 2) kids out of Georgia last year…and they’re studs. Now he’s moving families to combat that.
LOVE to know who’s paying for that move. Who sold/bought their houses…
Kirby’s high dollar tantrum…and it’ll probably work.
constantly playing fast and loose with the rules can lead to unintended consequences

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

EXACTLY why Kirbs sent him to Buford...to change that! :cool:

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
To me, jumping around from school to school says something about a player’s mindset. You don’t learn or even care about team work. That shows up in leadership. Those guys that have played with Raiola in HS will probably tell you it’s all about him. JMO

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I hear what you are saying but that really isn't the same thing. Tua was recruited out of Hawaii to Alabama. Then his family moved to Alabama to be closer to him (plus other reasons maybe) and his brother went to Alabaster.
So you also just believe it’s a coincidence that the eighth grader down there just so happens to be from Hawaii as well? The Thompson pipeline is just good luck? The T family moving into the system with arguably the best facilities in the state is just coincidence?

If that’s the case, then so is the kid moving to Georgia. Just getting used to the culture and climate I suppose.

• Smash Keyboard
Reactions: BhamToTexas

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I hear what you are saying but that really isn't the same thing. Tua was recruited out of Hawaii to Alabama. Then his family moved to Alabama to be closer to him (plus other reasons maybe) and his brother went to Alabaster.
Agreed, there is a difference in what Tua's family did and what the Raiola family is doing. Taulia was just getting his recruiting going and was not committed to us at the time and was not rated near as high.

• Thank You
Reactions: BhamToTexas

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Yep and we will continue. Seth McLaughlin, Isiah Bond, Jake Pope and Justice Haynes in the last several years (Justin Fields went to Buford also).

Back to Raiola, he willl now have played for four different high schools in his career. Played in Phoenix, AZ his freshman year, transferred to a school in Ft. Worth his soph year, transferred back to Phoenix and played for a different high school his junior year and now at Buford, GA for senior year. He saw committed to OSU before decomitting and turning his recruitment into a circus. I wonder if he decides to move on from UGA if he does not start immediately and based on his history (or parents) it is most likely. Nothing wrong or illegal moving to Buford.

What’s sad is they are retroactively calling this a victory for their recruiting efforts in Buford. calling this a win to “open up the pipelines” in the city. And they are taking back that area. Georgia fans live in their own world.

Last edited:

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Do we think Tua’s family moving to Alabaster was just a coincidence?

Let’s not throw rocks just yet.
Tua didn't move to Thompson. And we are still looking for the first Thompson player to pan out at Bama. Hopefully there are a couple down there who will.

Buford usually has multiple D1 players, but not multiple 5 stars until this year. So this is calculated. Doubtful if anything illegal is going on in this day and age of anything goes. High school kids are getting family wealth changing money, so no wonder he as moved all over the place.

Last edited:

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
The university of buford (as we call it over here in Georgia) will do anything to get players in to their school to be a state championship contender. They have been recruiting players (breaking the rules and widely known) up there to that school for a long time now. Surprised it took so long to jump in the bed w uga.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
The university of buford (as we call it over here in Georgia) will do anything to get players in to their school to be a state championship contender. They have been recruiting players (breaking the rules and widely known) up there to that school for a long time now. Surprised it took so long to jump in the bed w uga.
It’s not even really a win. They moved a kid into a high school in the city and went “see we got one from Buford” and are un-ironically celebrating it as a victory.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Tua didn't move to Thompson. And we are still looking for the first Thompson player to pan out at Bama. Hopefully there are a couple down there who will.

Buford usually has multiple D1 players, but not multiple 5 stars until this year. So this is a calculated. Doubtful if anything illegal is going on in this day and age of anything goes. High school kids are getting family wealth changing money, so no wonder he as moved all over the place.
His brother, the fourth best pro style quarterback in his class did, and the eighth grade kid who’s starting now (doubt they could’ve guessed his potential though).

It doesn’t matter that they didn’t pan out, the Bama staff wanted them and that’s where they ended up. It wouldn’t surprise me if Alabama had been pointing out kids for a while, it’s a mutually beneficial relationship: college finds the kid, the high school gets them into the school zone, and the college has elite talent closer to home to recruit.

If anything, Kirby is slow in catching up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.