Good News Thread

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Hearing he brings the lumber when he tackles.
What’s sad is - and it’s coming, look at the rules changes since Richardson, and not just in the pros - in the future, halting progress and getting them to the ground quickly will eclipse hard tackles in importance. Eventually, that’ll be “too dangerous”. Seriously, we’re not decades away from flags on belts - I may not live to see it, but I bet my son does.

Reactions: Windsortide

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
What’s sad is - and it’s coming, look at the rules changes since Richardson, and not just in the pros - in the future, halting progress and getting them to the ground quickly will eclipse hard tackles in importance. Eventually, that’ll be “too dangerous”. Seriously, we’re not decades away from flags on belts - I may not live to see it, but I bet my son does.
If it no longer is a gladiator sport will it lose its appeal?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I read somewhere that Mark Sears is transferring to the football team to take a shot at playing QB.
Funny you say that...several times this year after Sears would take his undersized frame in the trees and somehow manage to get off an easy shot at the rim I'd think "Man, I'd love to see him carry a football for Bama." Dude is remarkably strong but at the same time agile in traffic!!!

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Funny you say that...several times this year after Sears would take his undersized frame in the trees and somehow manage to get off an easy shot at the rim I'd think "Man, I'd love to see him carry a football for Bama." Dude is remarkably strong but at the same time agile in traffic!!!
I can remember watching the NFL game years and years ago, when both of the NY teams were struggling with poor QB play, and the announcer said something like "The best QB in New York is playing basketball", referring to Charlie Ward who was at the knicks. That saying became a thing for a while, and was probably true...

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Him being left off the all tourney team for March Madness is complete baloney.

I think the final 5 were the giant from Purdue and 4 players from UConn.

Come on Man.

Reactions: 9000s

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Also a LB from Rome GA committed too.
If I’m following correctly…..you just asked a question in a post…and then answer yourself in a follow-up post…with a statement about another player? Or am I totally misunderstanding the sequential nature of your posts.

This happens sometimes when I try to follow my wife’s verbal train of thought too 🤪

Latest threads