Good News Thread

some_al_fan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 14, 2024
Former FSU starting CB Greedy Vance Jr. has received an offer from Alabama, Hayes Fawcett reports.
That's an group we needed help for depth.
Apparently we are not the only ones…
-

---
According to On3's Hayes Fawcett, Greedy Vance Jr has already earned over a dozen scholarship offers, including ones from Alabama, Kentucky, USC, and Miami. Fawcett also reported that Vance has scheduled visits with USC (April 18-21) and Kentucky (April 26-28).
----

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
No, but at least a chance.
Apparently we are not the only ones…
-

---
According to On3's Hayes Fawcett, Greedy Vance Jr has already earned over a dozen scholarship offers, including ones from Alabama, Kentucky, USC, and Miami. Fawcett also reported that Vance has scheduled visits with USC (April 18-21) and Kentucky (April 26-28).
----
Sort of related note, I saw a headline the other day that said something like "4-Star Linebacker Books Visit to Major Football Program."

I opened the link and it was about some kid visiting Kentucky and my first thought was, "Kentucky is a major football program?"

Reactions: Ledsteplin

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Get used to more Cory Reamer body types at LB in this defense.
I don't think we'll see much of a change in ILB body types. All our guys in the last 7-8 + years or more have been more CJ Mosely types than Donta Hightower types. I don't think we've had a starter over 240 since Trey DePriest in 2014 (maybe Lee? but he only played because Moses and McMillon went down for the season). 230-235 seemed to be the 'ideal' for Saban for a while, and a quick glance at the UW depth chart from last year shows guys mostly in that range also.

some_al_fan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 14, 2024
I don't think we'll see much of a change in ILB body types. All our guys in the last 7-8 + years or more have been more CJ Mosely types than Donta Hightower types. I don't think we've had a starter over 240 since Trey DePriest in 2014 (maybe Lee? but he only played because Moses and McMillon went down for the season). 230-235 seemed to be the 'ideal' for Saban for a while, and a quick glance at the UW depth chart from last year shows guys mostly in that range also.
We most likely will have a starter in 2025 at ILB, who is over 240 (Alexander), but after that, you are right, back to smaller LBs, based on LBs that we are currently recruiting.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
We most likely will have a starter in 2025 at ILB, who is over 240 (Alexander), but after that, you are right, back to smaller LBs, based on LBs that we are currently recruiting.

Since he is a recent convert from Edge, he'd been trying to add the bulk since he got on campus. If he sticks as an ILB, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the strength/nutrition/conditioning staff targets him getting the weight down a bit to increase his mobility. kinda like Foster when he dropped a chunk of weight - it helped him significantly.

Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.